No More Moving?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
I began feeling random "flinches" at about 12 weeks this pregnancy (Like if he just randomly decided to spasm, very noticeable but rare), they slowly turned in rolling and kicks that became a lot more constant and we had a solid pattern last week. He would kick in the morning just a tiny bit, i would eat and thirty minutes later he would just go nuts! then silent until lunch were he would do the same, and also for dinner. This became very normal but for the last four days... nothing.
I havent gone a day without feeling him since 14 weeks and now I dont feel him at all. I even had a VERY sweet breakfast and still nothing.

My husband suggested I reach out to you ladies to get some insights.
Should we buy a Doppler? Is there any reason to worry? Anyone go through the same?

Thank you ahead of time!

No reason to worry what so ever. Baby is still very small and there's lots of places to hide where you won't feel him/her moving. I started feeling my dd very early, 13 weeks but there would be a few days now and then before 18/19 weeks where I didn't feel her. With the little boy I'm carrying now I still had days where I didn't feel him up till 24 weeks. The hospital said it's perfectly normal up to 26 weeks though and not to panic.

Don't worry about it until you're late in your 20 weeks.
I didn't feel baby move until about 16 weeks, even then it was very rare until about 24 weeks.

I used to feel the odd 'butterflies' moment at about 16 weeks, but nothing
conclusive until I was about 20 weeks and this was only because what I was feeling was confirmed when I had my 20 week scan and she kicked and the nurse said "did you feel that?!" :haha:
I had an anterior placenta and that stopped me from feeling the kicks as much apparently.

Dopplers can cause as much worry as they stop! Take some time out, speak with your midwife if you're worried, but try not to worry too much. Also bear in mind that midwives look for a heartbeat after 16 weeks as its easier and more likely to find!

Good luck! :flower:

I would worry. I'm 26 weeks now and baby girl has days where she is much quieter than other days. But if it's causing you real concern, you can always give you doctor a ring.

Also babies tend to be so much more active at night so your little one might be doing a nighttime dance when you won't notice! I felt nothing for four days (and I'm later than you), happened to go to bed a bit later than usual and she kept me awake all night going absolutely nuts! Go figure haha😂 You'll get more movements soon enough. At the earlier stages you only really feel something if they're really kicking hard. The later you get you feel almost every tiny wriggle and adjustment. You'll feel more soon enough, relaaaaaax and enjoy when you do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->