No Name Feels Right

mommy2be412

Reaction score
Anyone else having the dilemma that no name feels right? There are a lot of names that I like, but none that I love. I want a name that's unique to her (not after anyone). I feel like when I find the right name it will feel right and I won't question it and I've questioned every name so far. Any comments/advice is appreciated.

It took a while for me to find names that really hit my heart. But I had to sit with them, say them aloud a few times, write it down, and let it marinate. I don't think any name has just popped out and been instantly "the one".

Right now we love Ivy and Raina, but they were not my top choices last year or even a few months ago! But they were on my list, and slowly all the other contenders dropped away until they shined the brightest in my mind. I hoping if I continue to sit with them long enough one will win out over the other!

Tbh I dont think you need go have a name before birth despite pressure from others. Sure, have names you like In your head but dont settle just yet. All mine were decided after birth! X

It took a while for me to find names that really hit my heart. But I had to sit with them, say them aloud a few times, write it down, and let it marinate. I don't think any name has just popped out and been instantly "the one".

This is usually how it works for me. I can sit all day long reading a billion names...one right after the other and none will be good enough. When you hear the name out loud and put a lot of thought into each name, even visualize your baby with each name, it changes the feel of the name.

We found the perfect first name for our daughter but now we are completely stumped on a middle name :dohh:

i can't decide either!!! its like one second i think i have the one ..then the next something else!! i don't think i will ever be convinced! lol the name i really love, my husband does not.. :( so it makes it hard.

i can't decide either!!! its like one second i think i have the one ..then the next something else!! i don't think i will ever be convinced! lol the name i really love, my husband does not.. :( so it makes it hard.

What is the name you really love?

That's the worst part of picking a name, when you are already extremely picky then you FINALLY find THE name....then bam, OH doesn't like it ](*,)

I have a similar but different dilemma :wacko:..... My son is named after my OH's granddad who died a few years ago, and I love the fact that he's named after someone who meant lots to my OH and who isn't around anymore. We were lucky though as his name was Tom and I loved the name too!.... My Granddad was called Norman!

This time round we are having a girl and there is no one significant in our families who we could name her after!... Sounds harsh I know but we don't want to name her after our parents, and the only reason we chose OH's granddad was because my OH had a really strong bond with him when he was alive..... His grandma is called Eileen and I'm not keen on that and feel like we'd just be randomly choosing someone from the family iykwim.

So, like you, we're trying to come up with a name that we both like but is a little individual so it is her name rather than anyone else's. It is sooooo hard, and like Mrs McQuin has said, it's even harder when your OH shoots them all down!

What names do you have?

What is the name you really love?

That's the worst part of picking a name, when you are already extremely picky then you FINALLY find THE name....then bam, OH doesn't like it ](*,)

Stella :flower:

I think it's also hard for me because I don't have baby's dad suggestions, I am a single first time mom-to-be. It's all on me now and I want to make sure I name her something special. I literally don't have any names yet that I would actually consider, I like some names but they remind me of someone I knew with that name and I don't want to name her after anyone.

Me! I find fault with every single name. Some are ok but I can't imagine having a daughter by that name. I think saying them out loud helps even if you feel stupid shouting it to the empty house.

I totally get this! We have 2 girls names that we LOVE and feel right and if we have a girl we will choose between those names when she arrives, but boys names..............we got nothing!
I have no clue what we would call a boy, only name we both agree feels right is Jacob but I am put off this name as its so popular now so we are back at square one! Fingers crossed for a pink bundle....Hehehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->