No Nipples?

bdcrossley

Reaction score
I haven't had my baby yet but am currently 34 weeks and ordered a Medela 2 phase advanced in style pump. They sent me 8. 5 oz bottles with the pump. But no nipples? Do I buy them separately? And which ones do I buy??

Hehe I thought from the title that this was going to be a trolling post!

Bit stupid of them not to send any nipples. I don't have any experience with the Medela pumps but if you want to get teats for the bottles and intend to use them from birth, you will need teats in the 'newborn' size. These usually just have one very small hole so that the baby is not overwhelmed with milk. Medela sell these I am sure, probably to fit all of their bottles. I have an Avent pump and all the bottles, teats, parts etc. are compatible with each other.

Yes you have to buy them separate and the tops to insert the nipples in. They're all one size I believe, just make sure they are slow flow. I couldn't find the tops to insert the nipples anywhere so I ended up having to buy a starter kit that had them in it.

You bought a breast pump, the bottles are for milk collection/storage, which is why they don't have nipples. You have to buy those separately. You can use the same bottles for feeding, but they were sent as collection/storage bottles. I think they do that so you can choose any system you want to feed your baby, just because someone buys a medela pump doesn't mean they want to do EVERYTHING medela, they might want to use Avent bottles or something.

Ok thanks! So if I do buy nipples separate is it ok to use platex nipples w the Medela bottles or do they have to be Medela nipples?? Lol

Hm, I think playtex bottles are wider mouth bottles. Medela bottles are standard. So Dr browns, Gerber, Evenflo, etc will all interchange. But tommee tippee, born free, avent, platex, etc are all wide mouth and would not.

So you would just have to buy the platex bottles to go with the playtex nipples. Use the medela bottles on the pump to collect the milk, then pour it into whatever bottle system you want to use!

Usually only the brands nipples will fit that brands bottles/tops.

I would just buy a few to start. I love my madela pump but my LO doesn't love the madela nipples so I need to try another brands bottle/nipples.

Usually only the brands nipples will fit that brands bottles/tops.

I used medela nipples on many brands of bottles (evenflo, gerber, etc) so thus the nipples for those brands should fit medela bottles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->