No period 8 weeks after D and C - please help :-(

Rheaz

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I have a blighted ovum and had a D and C 8 weeks ago after waiting for 5 days for it to pass.
At the time the OB told me it came away nicely and he tested the material and there was nothing obviously wrong just that I likely had a faulty egg (I am 39yo).
I bled lightly after the D and C and then had one day of very light spoting upon feeling ovulation pain a few weeks after the procedure but no period came after that.
I then had a day of very light spotting after feeling ovulation pain about 4 days ago too, but am now at 8 weeks and 3 days post D and C and no period. :-(
To clarify, I have been very careful not to get pregnant so that is not a concern, Dr told me this was a huge no no before my regular period returned.
I am now very worried! I have read about retained product issues and ashermans syndrome and I dread having something wrong :-( I am already sad enough!
I am seeing the OB next week but in the meantime feeling crazy and upset and worried.
Has anyone ever heard of such a late period after D and C?
Thank you

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had four miscarriages- two needing a D&C and one needing medical management. Each time I've been told it could take 6-8 weeks for my period to come back but each time it's been roughly a month for me. I did have an infection after my last D&C though but that didn't affect my period coming back- it just meant I had pain and needed to go on strong antibiotics for a couple of weeks. I think you'd know if that was the case though as you'd be feeling generally unwell and sore.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. Could you possibly get your OB appointment brought forward or speak to someone over the phone for some reassurance?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've had four miscarriages- two needing a D&C and one needing medical management. Each time I've been told it could take 6-8 weeks for my period to come back but each time it's been roughly a month for me. I did have an infection after my last D&C though but that didn't affect my period coming back- it just meant I had pain and needed to go on strong antibiotics for a couple of weeks. I think you'd know if that was the case though as you'd be feeling generally unwell and sore.

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time right now. Could you possibly get your OB appointment brought forward or speak to someone over the phone for some reassurance?
thank you - it just feels like it's been too long and I am so worried :-( The soonest they can see me is next week :-(

thank you - it just feels like it's been too long and I am so worried :-( The soonest they can see me is next week :-(

I'm sorry. That's a long time to wait when you're worried. Did they advise you to take a home pregnancy test after the procedure? Each time I've been asked to do a test 2-3 weeks after to make sure my HCG has come right down. A negative test would at least reassure you that you haven't got retained products, or if it shows positive, you might get seen quicker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->