no periods- what could be wrong with me? please help :(

xMrs_Hx

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I need some advice. I came off cerazette a year ago at the end of this month and in that whole year I have only had 2 periods, the last one was back in May I think. I am quite overweight and am currently trying to diet but I am terrified of going to the doctor incase he just blames it on my weight or I find out there is something really wrong. Anyone been in this situation who could shed some light or offer advice?
Starting to become extremely panicked about all this now :(

well i dont know about cerazette but i too have irregular periods, never been on any kind of birth control, and i am also overweight i went to my ob and told her i am ttc i believe in may and tld her about my periods she took blood and said i had high prolactin levels , and maybe i dont ovulate every month i was suppose to go back for more blood but didnt bc i lost my insurance, so it could be alot of things as simple as prolactin, being over weight, stress, pcos, not sure but i would go get blood work.. good luck

i am 25 yrs old and had irregular cycles since 11! sometimes i go 3 or even 6 months with no af- last af for me was aug 14- but before that no af for 2 months

The same thing happened to me. Turns out I had pcos. (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) the month after diagnosis I started taking clomid and conceived that month. I am now also taking metformin i started 2 months ago which has helped a little with my weight and I've had one period since.

There's more info here, the thing about pcos is there's about 10 different symptoms and having 3 or more means u could have it.
For me it was excess weight that's hard to shift, acne, few periods.
And my doc confirmed it with a blood test and ultrasound.

https://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm

those signs i have alot of !! but my ob said she tested for that but was negative, i am going to go get tested again soon

those signs i have alot of !! but my ob said she tested for that but was negative, i am going to go get tested again soon

Too many doctors are hesitant to diagnose it and will tell u "just lose weight" which does ease the symptoms of pcos

Thank you both. I have thought it could be this in the back of my mind. I guess im jusy really scared of what it could mean, as I want a baby more than anything! I know what you mean about the drs, the seem to blame everything on weight first without checking other things. Obviously I know I am overweight hence im dieting but I think they too often use it as an easy way out. Thanks for replying, think I need to be brave and go and see someone about it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->