No poo!!

embeth

Mum to 4 perfect children
Reaction score
My lo has not done a poo for over 2 days.. He was pooing numerous times a day occasionally skipping a day but then doing loads the next day. He is a very colicky/ windy baby anyway so it's not helping. Anyone know what to do to help?? I feel really sorry for him x

It's normal for breastfed babies to go a few days without a poo. I wouldn't worry about that.

For the colics, what worked for my girl was the vibrating seat, being held on her stomach (in front of me, lying on my arm with her arms and legs on both sides of my arm and my hand holding her head). I also used to put her on her back, left her legs folded at a 90 degree angle (as if she was sitting on a chair) and gently push her legs towards her stomach, vibrate or do pedalling motions. All these help moving gas through the digestive system.

thanks. I have tried all those things, nappy off time and moving his legs around really helps with the wind. Still no poo though, day 5 tomorrow! Just seems strange when he was going so regularly, just suddenly stopped!!xx

6 weeks is the key time for their digestive system, it's the point at which they start going longer between poos - or at least they are able to, so you may end up with a very messy nappy soon!x

Thanks I hope so! He must need to go soon!! His wind smells really awful!! It's Got to come out soon :/ xxx

Finally a poo After 5 days!! Yay!!

My girl went from poos after every feed to all of a sudden no poos for up to 6days! That became her normal until she started solids. X

Phoebe went once a week for a couple of weeks...now shes a poo machine!! And if she does store it up we get a leaky explosion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->