No poop today super worried

dannyboygirl

Mom to Baby Cubz
Reaction score
Hey girls,

1st time this happened...Im a breastfeeding mum but supplemented 2 times in the last week...she pooped 3 times yesterday...how long til there is a problem??should I call the dr now??

It's completely normal for a breastfed baby to go even up to a week without pooping. Unless she is straining or seems to be in pain I wouldn't be worried right now

I had a big issue like this for almost 5 or so months, It was a nightmare. The doctors told me 3 days was when I needed to come in to the ER. I didn't like that idea. Every doc/mom is different. I wouldnt be worried just yet, but in a little more time I would give them a heads up.... it might ease your mind a little also.

Just to ease your mind a bit

"it can be completely normal to go only once every eight days -- as long as the stool is soft when it comes out. Breast milk is an amazing food that leaves very little in the way of waste."

Came from this site which also has some more on constipation
https://www.drgreene.com/21_1059.html

"Between 4 to 6 weeks of age, the pattern can change to less frequent bowel movements, Brown-Ginsberg says. The quantity per movement will be greater, though. "Some breastfed babies can have a bowel movement every few days or even once a week," she says. "As long as it remains soft, it is not constipation."

https://www.breastfeed.com/articles/breastfeeding-basics/what-goes-in-must-come-out-2712/

Dont worry too much. Cormack is breast fed and he goes 10 days without a poo. I checked with the hv and she said it was perfectly normal. I was really worried too.

jasper didn't poop yesterday for the first time, he's 8 weeks. this morning he did 3 massive poops in a row plus a few skiddies during the day and another proper one tonight... so... he MORE than made up for it!

i heard up to 8-10 days is normal, as long as there doesn't appear to be pain - although they might be a bit distressed about 12hours before they do their first poop after going a few days, but thats just what my health nurse said.

wow no poo for 10days. i wouldnt worry yet hun xx

Although Brooke is FF i find that some days she will poop 2 or 3 times then go a day or two and do none. I wouldnt worry hun

Hey dont panic she is at the age where the poops stop coming so much! Longest Leo went was about 6 days! I was really shocked we went from one every day or every feed to hardly any.

It's completely normal for a breastfed baby to go even up to a week without pooping. Unless she is straining or seems to be in pain I wouldn't be worried right now

Yea i agree Tabs goes for ages without pooing, though she does sometines strain for like a day which is a shame :( Dont panic its totally normal, BM is made for your baby which means there isnt much waste :)

Lexie goes 2-3 days without doing it. And when she does she only does 1 per day.

nothing to worry about i breast fed all 3 of ours and because breast milk contains all they need there is very little to dispose of so they can go aslong as 7 days so dont worry call your health vistor she will tell you exactly the same.

keep up the good work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->