no scan for me now till 21 weeks :(

Willo

Mum of 3 :D
Reaction score
I had a scan at 8 weeks due to a history of miscarraige and had a very quick one again at A&E after some bleeding at 9 weeks. However I will have to wait till 21wks to get another glimpse of baby. Here in Ireland they don't do a 12 week scan so I know I am lucky really to have gotten to see my baby already but still 21 weeks feels so far away :(

I had a scan at 8 weeks due to a history of miscarraige and had a very quick one again at A&E after some bleeding at 9 weeks. However I will have to wait till 21wks to get another glimpse of baby. Here in Ireland they don't do a 12 week scan so I know I am lucky really to have gotten to see my baby already but still 21 weeks feels so far away :(

Bummer!! :hugs:

That's a really long wait! So if you didn't have your early scans would you have only had one scheduled scan throughout the pregnancy? Could you maybe book a private scan?

It's the same here for me. No 12 weeks scan just an anatomy and anomalies scan at 20 ish weeks. It's no fun but my doppler a helps. At least I can listen to baby.

It's the same here for me. No 12 weeks scan just an anatomy and anomalies scan at 20 ish weeks. It's no fun but my doppler a helps. At least I can listen to baby.

Where abouts in the world are you then yourstruly? I thought Ireland was the only place that doesn't do a scan till then.
Oh and yes, if I hadn't had the early scans because of history I would only have one scheduled scan. I can book a private scan but it is costly I think, around €100 I think, if I remember rightly. If I was really anxious I could have got follow up through the early pregnancy assessment unit but I have been ok. Just have to wait. I'm just not very good at waiting :)

Willo

I live in canada and 12 week scans are pretty standard in Canada however I have a doctor(who I love don't get me wrong) who doesn't believe in lots of ultrasounds unless medically needed. I also had one at 9 weeks so I was lucky but now I'm on to waiting until 20 weeks ish. We can't even book a private scan here as te only place that does them is the 3d place and they only do then at 20 weeks + and they are 2 hours away from us.

I think my nearest private clinic is about 1 hour away. Guess we will both just count down till that 20/21 week scan then. Have you been given a date yet for your scan?

I haven't even had a proper doctors appointment yet. We've been to busy with the spotting and the scan. I go for y first real appointment on the 22nd this month

Where in Ireland are u willo because in Dublin they defo do a 12wk scan.
I had one in my last pregnancy and my friends both just had their 12 wk scans.

Kel

I'm in Wexford Kel.

Good lyck with your first appointment on the 22nd yourstruly. I see my gp in about 2 weeks then I don't have another appointment till my 19 week booking in appointment at the hospital.

The same for me. I saw mine at 8 weeks, now I won't be able to see him/her again till 20 weeks because I didn't want to do the Down Syndrome scan.... I will get to hear the heart beet at 12 weeks though... 2 weeks to go for that one..

Edit: I'm in the US

I'm hoping to hear baby's heartbeat when I go for a 12 week check up with my gp soon. Cannot wait. I'd be afraid to have a doppler at home because I think I would drive myself crazy if I couldn't find a heartbeat.

Let's look at it this way: no scans in between means no complications :) I had my 11 week one and now the 20 week one is 6th of January, but I prefer to be patient than have a bleed and be checked urgently. So let's be grateful ;) (p.s.: I too HATE waiting)

Geez, I'm finding it bad enough waiting for my 12 week scan!

At least you've both had one scan already, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->