No signs of stretch marks yet, first baby..

Kay_

Reaction score
Almost 25 weeks with my first pregnancy and still no signs of stretch marks on or around my belly. A few months ago I started getting them on my breasts underneath, their purple/pinkish but I have yet to see any occurring on my belly. I’ve been using this vitamin E combined oil after my showers so maybe it’s working lol.

How far along were you when you first started noticing belly stretch marks with your first baby?

Not until about 35 weeks and then bam they went to town all over my belly, I had been using all the creams and oils and I got them anyway. I have a short torso and I carry big babies so I guess it was just the way it was going to go. They did fade heaps a few months after bub was born but sadly my tummy was never quite the same. Damn that was the end of my underwear modelling career lol

I never had any, but I had my baby at 35w1d.

Thanks ladies! I guess I’m hoping I don’t get any at all lol but I also have read that you can get them during delivery as well

My first (and only) belly stretch mark appeared with my first baby probably between 39-40 weeks. But then some more appeared after I gave birth. In my second pregnancy, though, they started early and all over my belly. I'm pretty sure I have some new ones now too. I hope you don't get any though!

I got them at the end of both pregnancies. I also have a very short torso and my bumps are huge is its not a surprise at all. Some women get them and have tiny bumps and some don't. Its all genetics I think.

I was quite chuffed reaching 30 weeks without any..then boom. They hit . Must admit tho, using Palmers coco butter has been amazing on controlling them and the intensity. Its our war marks girls lol.

You may not get them at all. My mum has had 4 children and not a stretch mark in sight. With my first I didn't have any until I went overdue (and was huge) I didn't have any on my breasts until the day my milk came in as my boobs doubled in size.
This time I haven't got any extra (yet) I honestly believe it linked to genetics and diet. A diet high in fats and vitamins and minerals will support the skin to stretch and then stretch back. Also trying not to put on too much weight. You don't need extra calories at all until the third trimester and even then it's only around 250 extra

I didn’t get any stretch marks with my first until I went into labour!

I didn’t have any until going into labour with DD1!
They are only small on my lower abdomen .DD2 didn’t get any ! 20 weeks now and none so far ! . I am expecting the ones I have to go worse at some point but who knows ! I’ve just been using Aveeno .

I'm 30 weeks with none right now. I'm using collagen supplement to hopefully avoid them, and Coco butter. My mom had them really badly though, they showed up the day before I was born and covered her entire stomach (well above her belly button). We both are about the same height with short torsos, so I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me.

Popping over from 2nd trimester to answer this question! With my first pregnancy I will never forget, I got my first stretch marks when I was 34+1 weeks. The day before I had a huge feeling I was going to get stretch marks really soon, so I took one last stretch mark free photo of my belly and sure enough the next day my belly had its first few stretch marks! I was dumb and hadn't used any creams, so that could have been the reason, but I've also heard that it's genetic so if your mother or aunts or sisters have gotten them, there's a good chance that you will too! Hope this helps!

Hmm...yea my mom had told me she didn’t get any with her first child so i might have a better chance at not getting them at all then...guess we will have to see!

I feel like I was 30+ weeks when I got them in my first viable pregnancy. With my second, I got one or two at the end (38-39 weeks). I haven't seen any new ones yet with number 3 :haha:

I really should start using my creams now but I just keep forgetting ! No new ones for me upto now

I got to 38-39 weeks before they appeared and then bam- they were everywhere.

I really should start using my creams now but I just keep forgetting ! No new ones for me upto now
I’ve heard creams aren’t really good for and to prevent stretch marks because cream doesn’t actually sink into your skin like oils do, they just sit on top. Anything that is or contains vitamin E oils are supposedly really good. I usually put it on after my shower.

I never got stretch marks with either of my pregnancy. I was very lucky I had nice bumps.

I've heard the same thing Kay! Which is why I'm using a collagen supplement orally, so the collagen can target the deeper layer of the skin where the stretch marks are most likely to occur! I'm 31 weeks now. Still no marks, but tummy skin is feeling tighter!

I didn't get any stretch marks until my 4th, but with the first 3 I used vitamin E lotion and bag balm(it's for cows utters) my maternity clothes were always greasy but I didn't care as long as I kept stretch marks away! Buy with my 4th I got lazy and bam I got then on ther under side of my bump and see them every pregnancy since but one the baby is born they almost go away they get very light and can hardly see them! You could very well not get them continue moisturizing and you'll probably be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->