No temp rise after o

Beckic

TTC no 1
Reaction score
HI

for all those who temp....

Despite TTC for years I only recently started temping - and I have noticed that I have a big temp rise about 2 days after my O pains stop. I havnt worried about it before cos I thought that maybe its normal for OV pains to stop prior to O and that my temperature rise was correct as the date of my ovulation.

However, this month I had an ultrasound on thursday (cd 16) and they saw a follie about to pop - I was also having O pain Thursday and Friday - and got a positive OPK on thursday as well so though I would have ovulated then - however its sunday today and still no temp rise.

My EWCM has stopped now and no OV pains anymore and my boobs are sore - so surely I must have ovulated by now and therefore should have had a temp rise.

is it bad to get a temp rise a few days after you actually O?

Any help would be really appreciated - I cant find anything about this on google.

Bx x

I think it happens every month hun - going by my O pains I dont have a temp rise till a few days after o - so i think it more than just this months thats a bit off.

:hugs:

normally u o 12-24hrs after a +opk so it could just be that it dnt happen untill a few day after for a scan to tell u when u will def o u need them every day as it could take min or days fro it to pop out good luck

It is my understanding that the temps rise due to an increase of progesterone in the system (estrogen drops off after O). It could mean that your egg wasn't released, and stayed in the cyst (I believe the release of the egg triggers the progesterone), or it could mean that your progesterone hasn't been triggered yet, or that it is coming up slowly and hasn't affected your temps yet. In any case, I wouldn't worry unless it doesn't come up in a couple of days. The increase in (or maintenance of a higher level of ) progesterone is closely linked with the length of the luteal phase (aka tww) and whether there will be enough time for the fertilized egg to implant or not. Keep tabs on this, because I believe they can give you progesterone pills to help you have a longer Luteal Phase so that the fertilized egg can implant if this is the case. That being said, it is probably a matter of it being too soon. Are you testing first thing in the am, and at consistent times every day?

(I am no doctor though - just have read too much on this crap that I feel like a walking wikipedia!) :)

Good luck, and here's some baby dust for you!

:)
A

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->