Noah and Isaac born 32+3

TinkerJess

Reaction score
Hi sorry I'm late to introduce my twins - just been very very busy!

Noah and Isaac were born at 32+3 weighing 3lb 12oz and 4lb 3oz due to SPROM. I had an emergency c section because by the time they checked me I was 9 cms dilated and both boys were breech. At first only Isaac needed CPAP which only lasted for a day or so, both were put onto glucose drips and started with their tube feeds. At 7 days old they were moved to a heated cot in high dependancy rather than intensive care.

At 8 days old we noticed that Noah was vomiting severly at his feed and it stunk. When we told a nurse something wasn't right she told us she would add Gaviscon to his EBM. That night we recieved a phone call saying that Noah was seriously unwell, that he hadn't stopped vomiting and he was looking very grey. We went straight to the hospital where we were told he had NEC and it didn't look too good. It was the hardest thing to hear, especially having two babies in different parts of the unit. To cut a long story short after 4 days Noah started to pick up again, it was another two weeks though before he had his TPN out and could restart on solids at 0.5mls every 4 hours.

We took Isaac home at 2 weeks old and Noah at just over 5 weeks. He had a blood transfusion before he left which really helped his feeding becasue he wasn't tiring so fast.

They are now 16 weeks old and I have to say it hasn't been easy, both are being treated to reflux ( but its taking ages to get anyone to take me seriously!) For the past several weeks both have been unwell with a severe cough which docs told me was viral until Noah burst all the tiny blood vessels in his face ( looked like the meningitis rash) at the hospital they took swabs and realised he had a bacteria which was causing an inflammation in all his airways. Now that they have there anti biotics the cough is subsiding, although Noah has a wheezy chest which could be asthma caused by the prolonged explosure to this bacteria.

So I am very shy and usually lurk :blush: But with the boys being premature I feel totally out of my depth.

So hello :flower

Congrats on your boys!!!! Hopefully the antibiotics will help asap.

Hello, congratulations on your beautiful boys. :flower: xx

Congratulations! I hope your boys continue to do better :flower:

Congratulations, I'm sorry noone is taking your pleas for help with reflux seriously. It's so common with preemies too. Our preemie has suffered since 8 weeks corrected. Keep shouting!
Welcome to the forum, this bit is small and close knit so feel free to ask anything

Congratulations, I'm sorry noone is taking your pleas for help with reflux seriously. It's so common with preemies too. Our preemie has suffered since 8 weeks corrected. Keep shouting!
Welcome to the forum, this bit is small and close knit so feel free to ask anything

Thank You and Hi!

I honestly have got to breaking point, I barely leave the house because I just know Noah will be sick. He screams after half of his feed and ends up feeding every two hours. I'm totally exhausted but everytime I visit the GP they tell me he'll just grow out of it. Last time they told me to double up his gaviscon so he has two of the sachets but it just isn't helping. I don't see his consultant until October, I've found the support after Neonatal disappointing considering my health visitor hasn't got a clue ( I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

Hi, I too have twin boys who were born at 33 weeks. My boys will be 6 months old this month. One of my boys is thriving....he is 19lb11oz and has never had any problems with feeding. My other boy, however, has reflux and has had since he was born and is still only 13lb5oz. He did projectile vomit until i changed his milk. I know exactly how you feel about the GP, health visitor etc, I was told by one GP that babies are sick and she would not prescribe him medication. I took him to see a different GP who prescribed Gaviscon which did not help, hence he now has his milk and a new medication on prescription, which seems to have helped loads and he is finally gaining good amounts of weight.
You could ask your GP to write to the consultant to bring your appointment forward, or even be cheeky and ring the hospital yourself and ask to speak to his secretary and ask can you be seen sooner. xx

Hi ya

I stumbled upon your post as you mention twins - I too have twin boys who are now 18 months. Fynn had NEC - horrible isnt it

I dont have any expereince of reflux but didnt want to read and run without saying hi xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->