Noah Andrew David - Born 16th Dec 2009!!

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
Noah was born on Wednesday 16th Dec at 04.56am and this is his story!!

I was 40 weeks and 6 days and went to MW for a sweep. She said I was already 3cm dilated and was able to stretch to 4cm and feel babies head! She said she bet i wouldn't go past Thursday!

Late evening on 15th started with a few mild contractions. Timed at between 3 and 17 minutes apart, so totally erratic! They were sore,but not painful so thought it would probably all stop!
Lost quite a lot of bloody plug through the evening but contractions stopped so we went to bed at 11pm.

woke up at 1 am having had No pains at all so presumed all had stopped :nope:. Then at 2am I woke to a weird "popping" feeling down and below and realised my waters gad gone! I stood up and they gushed everywhere! :haha:

Went to the batroom and gushed lots more ... quite like something you see on the TV!
Rang the Labour ward and they said to go down as was 2nd baby and lived 30 minutes away.

Pains started coming thick and fast, roughly 3 minutes apart on the journey down. My sons dad was supposed to have his phone on so we could drop James off at his before we got to the hospital but after phoning 35 times and sending 10 texts there was still no answer!!!I was majorly panicking now, as we had no idea what to do with James. Luckily we arrived at his dads house and I was able to knock loud enough to wake him up :haha: I was raging at him!!

Got to hospital at 3.15am and contractions were 3 minutes apart and very painful. With each one I lost even more water!! they put me on the monitor and said they would see how things went.
The MW came into check and saw that every time I contacted the babies heart decelerated! They were concerned that the cord might be coming first. I had an examination and they couldn't feel anything, but said we were certainly not going home!!

Went on G & A and asked for an epidural. they said anesthetist would come and sort that so we were moved into a delivery room. I had a canula inserted and the anesthetist came to fit the epi. I was in soooooooo much pain at this point I was mooing :haha: The MW said she though I might be too far for the epi, so she did an exam. I was 7cm and they said it was up to me as it would take 20 mins to insert the epi and 20 mins to take effect. I was just deciding what to do when an almighty urge to push came!!! She was about to see how dilated I was when his head started to crown!!

The MW had to rally about grabbing trollies and I wasn't even in my nightie! So I pushed twice and he came shooting out!!! It was so fast i didn't have time to pant and the cord was round his neck - hence the decelerations. He was very purple and not breathing straight away. They cleaned him off and he let out a teeny cry. The MW took him to administer oxygen. Luckily he soon gained his lovely pink colour!!

His APGAR at birth was 9 and 9 again after so it luckily didn't affect him.

So labour in total was just less than 3 hours, with only 2 minutes of pushing and all on gas and Air.

As much as it was horrendously painful, I was glad after not to have had any drugs! it meant I felt well straight away and we were able to go home when he was 6 hours old!!

Anyway, sorry so long!!!

https://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xxnicxxjd/DSCI0026.jpg

:flower::flower:

You lucky lucky girl, him coming out so quickly like that!

Big congrats, like i just said hes a cuite xx

What a nightmare with your son's dad! Although he kept you waiting past your date he at least came quickly once he decided to make an appearance.

Congratulations, he's a cutie.

aw well done hunny hes gorgeous.
xxx

i soooo want a birth like that as my late christmas present this year lol x

Wow, go you! I thought mine was fast but JEEZ you threw him out!!

he made up for being late, by being so quick to come out :)
congratulations sweetie xx

Congratulations, he's gorgeous and i love the name! Well done! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"