Noisy neighbours!

TTCabundle

Reaction score
Its 2am here and I've got to be up for work at 7am, and next door are blasting music! I've been round 3 times and asked them to turn it down, they've said they will and then haven't! Now they're not even answering the door :(! I'm so annoyed and tired :( Surely I'm not being unreasonable, its 2am :nope: x

I might have to soon, its driving me insane! :(
Do the police deal with this sort of thing? x

Thankyou, its still on now so I'm going to ring! x

I'd call the cops too. My neighbor catty-corner from us does the same thing. He'll sit in his driveway and play music on his car radio til 1 or 2 am. Seems like as soon as we get fed up enough to call the cops, he stops.

Let us know what happens!

Called them but they wouldn't do anything :( Said.I have to keep a log of the dates and times and take it to the council.
When I left for work at 9am the music was still on! I'm soo tired urghhh :( x

Yeah for some stupid reason the police will do nothing for behaviour like this. If it happens often I'd get in touch with your council environmental dept who will be able to give you some advice x

A few years ago we had trouble with neighbours a few doors down playing really loud music and having parties until 4/5am. It was a nightmare as my little girl was a newborn and we were exhausted enough. We called the police and they "made a note of it in their file" (oh them making a note of it really did make our neighbours quiet-NOT!) and told us to tell the Neighbourhood Wardens when we saw them... we did this and they said they would make an extra effort to check on/walk past their address late at night..Nothing really changed until they eventually moved out a couple of months later.

It is really frustrating that, apart from confronting the neighbours ourselves (and if they are not co operative what can you do...?? :shrug:), not much is done by the police!

My other neighbour can be quite noisy at times but he is a reasonable man and I just don't think he realises how noisy he is. When my hubby knocks and asks him to quieten down he does so immediatly. His noisiness amuses us though because we like to think that to entertain himself he has a wall made of velcro and has a velcro all-in-one suit on and that he runs up to and just SPLATS himself on the wall :rofl: because this is what it sounds like he is getting up to every evening. I dread to think about what he is actually doing :haha:

I hope you don't have many more noisy nights xx

Well tonight there is no music! (Touch wood)! Thank god as today I went to work looking like a zombie!

It is really silly that the police won't do anything :nope: x

His noisiness amuses us though because we like to think that to entertain himself he has a wall made of velcro and has a velcro all-in-one suit on and that he runs up to and just SPLATS himself on the wall :rofl: because this is what it sounds like he is getting up to every evening. I dread to think about what he is actually doing :haha:

I hope you don't have many more noisy nights xx

Hahaha! I wonder what he's actually doing! x

Crap that the police wont do anything :growlmad: its antisocial behaviour!
Hope they keep hush tonight! X

Police never seem to do anything only when it suits them

ive been complaining to police/council/neigbourhood watch for over 2 years about the woman above me & nothings changed. Shes so flippin noisy some weeks i only get 2 nights sleep out of 7. She just doesnt shut up and she loves hoovering her wooden floor at 3am singing (badly & loudly) to olly murrs!
or running her washing machine at 5am which bounces across her kitchen floor. urgh.

i hope it was a one off for you. (halloween party maybe) xx

We had this. But their parties went on for days a time. Really exhausting. I phoned the police and they were helpful and did come out to ask them to turn it off. Unfortunately they never did because its not a crime as such. In the end we just gave up and put in for a transfer as our council done nothing either.

Also be careful which way you approach it with your neighbour. I had both neighbours threaten violence towards me and i had my child in my arms both times :nope: (always caught me as we were coming in to the house.) they partied together and joined forces. plus if they have alcohol or more in their systems you dont know how they will react. I hope it gets sorted though as our experience was terrible so know exactly how you feel. On a lighter note our one year old got woken up by it one night and stood up on his bed dancing along :dohh:

I would start being noisy back and see how they like it

Yeah I think you have to inform the council after you've spoken to te neighbours yourself and since you've already done that speak to the council, sorry your sleep has been disrupted x

keep a log of what they do and when and you have a few examples go to the council and ring the non emergency police number it is anti social behaviour

there is a law for when people have to be quiet 11pm i think (i think there is anyway)

https://www.doeni.gov.uk/bothered_by_noise_leaflet_-_13_august_2010.pdf

this seems to have good advice and it should be simular in all councils

We had this. But their parties went on for days a time. Really exhausting. I phoned the police and they were helpful and did come out to ask them to turn it off. Unfortunately they never did because its not a crime as such. In the end we just gave up and put in for a transfer as our council done nothing either.

Also be careful which way you approach it with your neighbour. I had both neighbours threaten violence towards me and i had my child in my arms both times :nope: (always caught me as we were coming in to the house.) they partied together and joined forces. plus if they have alcohol or more in their systems you dont know how they will react. I hope it gets sorted though as our experience was terrible so know exactly how you feel. On a lighter note our one year old got woken up by it one night and stood up on his bed dancing along :dohh:

My bil and sil had an almost identical situation. Their neighbours played music all night long every night, their kids would be crying in their bedrooms and the parents would scream at them to 'shut the f**k up'.

Sil reported them to the council and they must have got a letter. The guy from next door then came round to the house and threatened her. I was actually in when he came round thankfully, otherwise she would have been alone, and lets just say they're not the kind of people you'd want as enemies!

They felt unsafe there after that and didn't even wait for a transfer from the council, they packed their bags up and moved in with their parents while they sorted somewhere else to live.

It's ridiculous that people are expected to handle it themselves isn't it.

OP I'm glad it's been quiet since, fingers crossed it'll be a one off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->