Non alcoholic wine!!

L-C

Reaction score
How very sad am I becoming, we have family staying at the weekend and really don't want them to know we are TTC and so I have found non alcoholic wine - which should help with the 2ww.... hee hee

Will let you know if it's any good xx

What a good idea lol! I wonder what it tastes like! Let us know haha x

I drink non-alcoholic beer for months now. In a glass it looks like a real deal and actually it even tastes like a real deal (at least I've found one brand which does). No one can tell ;)

Great idea!!! Now here's a question for you gals....i'm going to Chicago this weekend with my mom and sisters and they don't know either...how do I get around drinking in the bars and restaurants with them?! I have a feeling we'll be going to many each day so any ideas will be greatly appreciated! thanks....

Drink lemonade and pass it for gin of vodka!!

will let you know, might get some beers to!

That is a good idea!! Getting around drinking is ALWAYS hard and it's funny how people start to think something is up.

With being out and about it is going to harder. I would just say you have a bad headache and you don't want to make it worse with drinking. Or...say you are on antibiotics for something and you can't mix it with alcohol....I have used that one before :)

Good idea!!! Only problem is ordering it in front of them!??!

Are there anythings they wouldn't know the names of?? Like if you ordered an Arnold Palmer or a Shirly Temple.....would they know those are non-alcoholic drinks?

Oooo that's a great idea too! What's an Arnold Palmer?! They know shirley temple but not that one! but if i get somethin like that they'll for sure want to "try it" haha....

Let me know what the wine's like .... I have my great big HUGE 40th birthday party the weekend after next, and people are really going to wonder why I'm not touching a drop!

I usually offer to be a dedicated driver. that helps a lot :D

Or if there's a brand of non-alcoholic drinks they can't tell by name?

not sure I can be the designated driver at my own 40th birthday party! It's for the whole weekend and we have a hall with camping for 2 nights, so I won't actually have anywhere to drive to

I suppose I'm gonna have to pull the old anti-biotics stunt

If you are a bit (were a bit!) of a lager fiend, I discovered alcohol free Cobra beer. It looks just like the littler bottles that are served in some indian restaurants. Because quite a lot of restaurants are BYO round my way, friends didn't even notice I was drinking it.

Tasted pretty good too. Some of them are awful!

The wine isn't so good, very sweet but drinkable to fend off all the questions!!!

JMC-111, an Arnold Palmer is just lemonade and tea. Oh heck.....with family it's hard cause they want to try it and know EVERYTHING.....I agree with the others....suggest to be designated drive :) GL!!!

non-alcoholic beers and wines etc in fact do have a minute amount of alcohol in them (usually about 0.5%), and they just taste like watered-down beer/wine!

I did the same thing and put it into a screw cap real wine bottle to fool my family last time. They didn't suspect a thing! I also like to have a fake glass of wine. Its the feeling of the glass in your hand i like! Would love to know which 'beers' are good?? x

the pear cider is brilliant!! kopparbergs is lush

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->