non-bio and bio washing powder

BlueWater

Reaction score
What's the difference between non-bio washing powder and bio washing powder?

And what would be ideal for a baby's sensitive skin?

I always used non bio for baby clothes. Bio contains enzymes which help with stain removal, but non bio is better for sensitive skin as it doesn't contain them x

I always used non bio for baby clothes. Bio contains enzymes which help with stain removal, but non bio is better for sensitive skin as it doesn't contain them x

I get confused :wacko: couldn't remember which was better for babies! :haha:

We always use non bio on all our clothes but bio on DH work stuff. xx

I heard recently that non bio is a UK marketing ploy, and it's better (as in, cleans better and better for the washing machine) to use bio and rinse it out properly. Apparently modern machines use less water to be more environmentally friendly but that means that washing powder doesn't get washed out properly so you have left over bio detergent irritating sensitive skin.... none of us have sensitive skin so I just use bio and no extra rinse on clothes.

I don't know if other countries have bio and non bio?

I heard recently that non bio is a UK marketing ploy, and it's better (as in, cleans better and better for the washing machine) to use bio and rinse it out properly. Apparently modern machines use less water to be more environmentally friendly but that means that washing powder doesn't get washed out properly so you have left over bio detergent irritating sensitive skin.... none of us have sensitive skin so I just use bio and no extra rinse on clothes.

I don't know if other countries have bio and non bio?

This is interesting, bio smells so much nicer but I itch so bad if I use it. Not sure I want to risk trying extra rinses incase it still makes me itch x

Bio is supposedly better for cleaning but potentially irritating to skin. Non bio is recommended for babies.
I can only use unscented hypoallergenic eczema-friendly detergent because of Lucas's mega sensitive skin, I've no idea if it's bio or not!

i havent never used non biological for years. when leah was little i did, but i quickly realised it didnt matter and i prefer bio

i use liquid surf

I use bio.............non bio just doesn't work as well. also it depends on your water area, in Scotland we have soft water and so we should be using HALF the minimum dose of detergent - more and it will just clog up the machine - this is from a washing machine technician up here.

I use both, mostly bio for clothes as the stains just wouldn't shift otherwise. I love fairy non bio and fabric conditioner too though, I always do my towels and bedding with that.

I use non bio for everything. I had a nasty allergic reaction to Bio washing powder years ago so switched and then stayed using non bio for Tom too.

I use both if it's dirty with stains then bio as non bio just does not get them out

I use bio. I wash all our clothes, even baby's, in the same stuff.

I tend to have both in. I use Non-Bio on Jacob's nappies as Bio was causing a rash (he has eczema) and generally use Non-Bio for clothes. Again, Bio seemed to flare Jacob's ezcema up when used on his clothes regularly. I will use as a one off if I have ran out of Non-Bio but will do a couple extra rinses.

I will use Bio for DH's works clothes, normal clothes and mine if there are no kids clothes in the wash.

I use both. I'll use bio for towels, bed sheets and my clothes but non bio for the LO's. If my little man didn't have sensitive skin I'd probably just use bio all the time.

We use non bio because bio makes NM skin flare up. We use fairy or similar fabric conditioner so still have a lovely smell :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->