Non hormonal coil removal and TTC

ktm_x

Ellie's Mummy x
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am getting my coil out next week. It is the non hormonal one I have.

We are keen to get trying asap.

Just wondering if anyone knows or has had any luck soon after coil removal? I'm assuming it's not the same as coming off the pill as you don't have the hormonal side to deal with?

Hi, I had my copper coil removed at the end of may and had a period when I expected it. Very different from when I came off the mini pill to ttc number 1 in 2013.

I am now 5dpo ish and having some symptoms, I'll be testing in a week! :)

It depends how your cycles were before. If your cycles are otherwise normal and healthy, you should fall into a regular pattern right away. This is mostly the case for hormonal contraceptives as well, unless your body doesn't do well with the hormones, or you just have irregular cycles to begin with. It's not quite the same, but I've come off the pill to ttc twice now and my cycles came back, 28 days, ovulation on day 14, straight away the very first month. I was pregnant 2nd cycle both times. But I have regular cycles anyway and no fertility issues. So if your cycles have always been normal up til now (and you should be able to tell with the coil because you should still roughly ovulate and get your periods as you would without it, just the coil stops you getting pregnant if an egg is fertilised), then it should all keep on the same pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->