non sleeping bag users...... what do you use?

Fabby

mummy to my amazing boy x
Reaction score
Those of you who don't put your lo in a sleeping bag for bed what do you use as in how many bkankets, thickness etc? Also do you try keep the room at the right temp throughout the night so it doesn't go cold In their room?

Ive had my lo in a sleeping bag from about 3 week old so its all new to me really. The thing is though is that he is getting all twisted up in it and looks very unconfortable. Weve had a bit of an unsettled week this week and had him pretty much in bed with me all week and ive realised how much he moves about and gets all tangled up. Thinking of getting him out of it.

There's a good chance blankets will be worse hun.

Im off to get LO a sleeping bag today as he shuffles about his cot, rolls over and ends up with no blankets and im worried he's getting cold x

I know this is what I've always thought. Was thinking of just tucking them in though. Prob still come off with all his moving about though. Never know what do for the best do you x

I have never used sleeping bags. I just make sure that he is wearing a vest and warm pjs. The heating is on full when he goes to bed then after an hour it goes on min. He has a normal cot blanket in there which he usually kicks off when he's going to sleep to get into the most unusal positions but if he's too cold at night he will pull the blanket back onto himself which he's been doing since about 7.5 months.

LO will let you know if they are getting too cold. just be careful if you use ect blankets incase of overheating x

At the moment I'm using a vest, sleepsuit and fleesy sleepsuit. With one folded fleese blanket over the top. The fleese seems to act like velcro and stop the blanket sliding of and even if it does he at least has his layers on underneth.

Im using a vest, sleepsuit, sheet and blanket atm. The heating is on when she goes to bed but I switch it off when I go to bed.

I have a sleeping bag for her when she hits 10lb but I dont think she will like it. She kicks the sheet etc off now and likes to be free, I spend most of my night checking to see if she is covered and covering her back up gin, even if I tuck them all in. She sleeps with her legs curled up and its almost impossible to keep her covered up

I just take it she will let me know if she is too cold

I usually use a sleeping bag, but if I wasn't I put Lo in a vest, one of these:

https://direct.asda.com/george/baby/sleepsuits/millie-snugglesuit/GEM76042,default,pd.html

and a cellular blanket

Teddy is under a cot quilt. I know you're not supposed to, but he was waking up freezing, hates sleeping bags and kicks off blankets. He gets nice and snuggled under the quilt (thin Ikea one) and doesn't seem to be able to kick it off the same way. He tends to climb out on top of it in the morning. Before he had the quilt, he was under a couple of cotton cellular blankes, and I used to put a fleece blanket over the top at around midnight, when it gets really cold in our house. He's been running a fever the last week, so he's only been in a sleepsuit, but normally he's in a sleeveless vest and sleepsuit at night. Imogen used to sleep in a vest, sleepsuit and cardigan under a couple of cellular blankets. They both sleep/slept on top of a lambskin, which makes them nice and snuggly.

I use a thin swaddling cloth and then a cellular blanket folded in half. I wrap them around and under her so they don't come off. Sometimes I swaddle (arms in) or sometimes I do it up to her armpits with her arms free. Our room is not very warm just about ok I'd say. So her hands are cold when they're out. If we have another very cold winter I will probably put her in a padded sleepsuit I think. I'd feel sorry for her as I'm under a massive thick goose-down duvet! ;) x

https://direct.asda.com/george/baby/sleepsuits/millie-snugglesuit/GEM76042,default,pd.html

and a cellular blanket

aawww I have 2 of these (not for me lol) one pink and 1 yellow but they are both too big still for Layla atm. Cant wait for them to fit her as they are so cute

:hugs:

and a cellular blanket

aawww I have 2 of these (not for me lol) one pink and 1 yellow but they are both too big still for Layla atm. Cant wait for them to fit her as they are so cute

:hugs:

LO has the yellow one too, they are SO cute :cloud9: :hugs:

Thanks everyone. Now I need to decide what to do. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back