noodles?

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
just some questions about noodles :)

how and what do you give with them?

do you just use every day dried egg noodles cut up? and can you freeze them?

thank you :)

I'm not sure about freezing them...I bet you could find that out on

wholesomebabyfood.com

I gave regular noodles, like spaghetti noodles but would chooose smaller cuts, like the bow ties, penne and others like that. And then also egg noodles. I made a soup like meal for Hayden a few times where I boiled the egg noodles in chicken stock and added a bunch of frozen veggies and some small diced up chicken then seasoned it up and he LOVES that. Also just regular noodles with a bit of butter and a touch of pepper or cheese. He's so small we do alot with butter to add more fat lol...he's barely 20-21lbs at 18mo. But you could puree really any veggies and toss with pasta and they will most likely like it. There are tons of recipes on that site I put I bet you could find alot of things to try

I checked the packet of the egg noodles I had a few weeks ago and I thought they had too much salt in them so I used pasta instead for Mark and noodles for the adults.

I imagine the different brands all have different recipes though so your noodles may well be fine, also I am quite careful about salt because Mark gets bread and cheese most days, which are quite salty, so I be careful about the other things he eats to balance it out.

I checked the packet of the egg noodles I had a few weeks ago and I thought they had too much salt in them so I used pasta instead for Mark and noodles for the adults.

I imagine the different brands all have different recipes though so your noodles may well be fine, also I am quite careful about salt because Mark gets bread and cheese most days, which are quite salty, so I be careful about the other things he eats to balance it out.

thats a point! i never thought about that honey! maddi does really have much salt in her diet, i'll check all the packaging when i go :) i do her baby pasta and she loves it, but was eatting our noodles with my OH tonight and thought it might be something she would enjoy x

I've read some posts on here (I think from Hevz) saying that you can freeze the pasta. We don't, I make the sauce ahead of time and freeze it but the pasta I make fresh. Not to hard for me since I only have one :lol: I've not used egg noodles....so I'm not sure. I didn't even check the pasta spirals for salt content, might go do that now though

I generally freeze the sauce and make pasta, noodles, rice seperate but if there's some leftovers already mixed with a sauce then I bung it in the freezer anyway. It does soak up more liquid when reheated and can be a bit sticky and claggy but I just add a bit of milk or water and it seems fine:rofl:

I don't use noodles a whole lot to be honest, mostly different shaped pastas:happydance:

awww thanks hevz was hoping you'd post! your so knowing with all my weaning qu's :D

Have you thought about doing them with stirfry veg? only saying this cos iv just had that for my tea hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->