Normal to feel doubtful?

W

whyme

Hi all,

Well I am now 5/6 days post ovulation (smiley face, opk last weds) - too early for symptoms? - I don't feel any different

Know it may seem a dopey question, I have a 3 year old, but that was an easy pregnancy/conception, can't really remember any symptoms - just missed period.

MMC in feb changes everything, sadly, think I am pretty pessimistic as a result and have almost decided it ain't gonna happen this month as don't want to be disappointed, felt really low last arrival of AF

I think I am feeling tad ratty (so convinced this is pmt -AF due 3rd June), fell asleep on sofa early evening, but don't particuarly feel tired, am constipated (sorry TMI) , despite eating loads of fruit and veg over the last few days and only this evening felt slight twinges around right ovary - my gut feeling is these are not pregnancy related ?:wacko:

In general, I think it is too early to feel any symptoms. Implantation doesn't usually happen until 6-10dpo and sometimes even later. Even after the bean implants, it still takes your body a day to 3 days to build up enough hcg for you to notice anything. I know what you mean though. My last cycle I got really down about 5dpo. I just knew I wasn't pregnant and I was right. The last time I was pregnant, my boobs starting hurting around 5dpo, but that could have been just the regular progesterone in my system and not an indicator of being pregnant. Hang in there. The 2 week wait is the worst part!

Thanks lovely, I hate this situation. The sun is shining here, have outwardly been acting so upbeat, but last AF I felt sooo low and I am dreading feeling like that again. I swore I would try and be realxed about it all, but as the months pass, I think how pregnant I would be now, looking forward to baby etc and it's crap.
Thing is, I am 40, so really worried it won't happen now.
I think you are right about it being too early too, I can't remember any symptoms before missed period on DS and last MMC pregnancy, had very low level nausea, guess I am trying to protect myself by not building up hopes - is so hard.
Sad part is even if I do get BFP, the stress will kick off big time!!

It is all but impossible to stay relaxed about ttc. I hate it when people tell me to stop trying or just relax. So don't worry about stressing. Plenty of women go on to have babies in high stress situations. Just try to manage the stress as best you can.

I'm 35 and haven't had a baby yet. I feel like my age is a factor as well. I do know what you mean about getting a BFP and stressing even more. How could we not? The last time we got our BFP's it didn't work out so well. I'm right there with you babe!

Hi Whyme and Heart tree

I know what you both are going through, I am 36 and very recently had a m/c, I am waiting for AF to arrive so we can start TTC again. It took us two years to get BFP last time and I am feeling like it will never happen for us. I too am trying to stay upbeat and willing it to happen but it can be very difficult.

Fingers X'd for all of us for BFP's and sticky beans

Leakieloux, I hope you get AF soon so you can start ttc again. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Waiting for your first AF again is one of the hardest phases of this. You just want your body to be back to normal so you can get another bean in there ASAP. I hope you are doing ok. Glad you joined us.

xoxo

I feel that way as well. I am still awaiting af to come, I feel she is on her way and its gonna hurt.

I am 31 and my son was born when I was 24. That was easy, planned, first time it worked. I dont know why this time is so hard. I do have a different partner, but he has 2 children too.

Thanks girls for your replies. Feel bit better, OH told me that he heard on the news that women giving birth in their 40s has risen from something like 3000 to around 30000 per year. It will happen when the time is right and in the meantime at least my body is getting stronger. AF is due next Thurs - am feeling like a heffa! Sooo bloated, boobs seem fuller and noticed today that they are starting to hurt so you just never know.... LOl!

I'm praying that it is your BFP! Let us know either way, we'll be here to support you.

Leakieloux, I hope you get AF soon so you can start ttc again. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Waiting for your first AF again is one of the hardest phases of this. You just want your body to be back to normal so you can get another bean in there ASAP. I hope you are doing ok. Glad you joined us.

xoxo

Thankyou Heart tree
It is a very difficult time but trying to stay positive. I'm doing OV tests daily just in case lol - you never know!
I hope you are doing well. xx

Hi there,

I totally know how you feel. I'll be 41 on Wednesday, and that's nothing to celebrate. I have 2 girls already, but MMC'd on April 1st at 10 wks. I was already nervous during this last pregnancy b/c of my age...but I hadn't really expected to MC. I was more worried about the genetic testing. I think that even when (not if!) I get pregnant again this fall, I won't be celebrating until I am 13 wks, have clear genetic testing, hear that strong heartbeat...etc., etc., etc. I think that my age + this MC will really take some of the excitement away from the BFP. Good luck with yours. I hope you get one, but totally understand your cautious celebration. (p.s.--my biggest early symptom of a BFP is also in the boobs...don't make them too sore by squeezing them all day to 'check'! Maybe we should start a new thread for excessive boob squeezing anonymous! :)

Mamabel, So sorry for your loss. It knocks you for six doesn't it? I really didn't think it would happen to me - I was more concerned with the genetic testing, like you because of my age. I honestly never envisaged what was involved- been horrific. AF is due on Thursday and convinced myself that BFP won' be this month. Last night and today feel nauesous, but DS isn't well, so may be something I have caught off him. So hard not to symptom spot.

Try and enjoy your Birthday, 41 is certainly not old. I think when we are low, those blo""dy statistics really get to you don't they. Truth is this and genetics can happen at any age. Fingers crossed there is a happy outcome for the both of us xx

Thanks 'whyme'.... definitely knocked for six, seven, and eight. I just want to feel better....feel like I've been 'sick' for four months now: 2 months of nausea, and 2 months post MC. When will my body and life be normal again?!

P.s.--you need a new 'handle'. What happens when (not if) you get that BFP in 3 months....you'll have to change to 'yayme' and we won't know who you are! :)

Well, the witch is on her way- started spotting today - AF due Thurs so that is me out again :(

I am gonna say bye bye and leave the site - think I need a break as TTC is getting a bit of an obsession.

bye bye and Good luck everyone xx

:cry:

I dont wanna lose you, but you gotta do whats right for you, please come back when you are feeling stronger or if you need some support, we'll be here for you

im so sorry the witch is back, and im so sorry to see you go, i hope very much its temporary and we see you soon.

I replied to your last thread but my computer ate the response as i moved rooms and lost connection, i cant remember everything i said, but there was something about the 6 month thing, and not everyone would be physically ready at 6 months on the dot .....so a generic 6 month wait wouldnt work. I think its more about your emotions - and if yours tell you to withdraw, much as i dont want you to go, i will respect that

muchos loves xxxx

ps pm me if you want, whenever you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"