Normal?

Hoping4peanut

Reaction score
My peanut was born the 25th. So we are on like day 10 of breastfeeding.

Yesterday she just wanted to suck on me all day to fall asleep and the same today.

We have been eating once an hour for like 1 to 5 minutes then falling asleep and waking again.

I am getting exhausted. Is this normal?

Is she having plenty of wet and dirty nappies, to indicate she's getting enough milk? Is she putting on weight?

It's totally normal for baby to suck all day early on to get your supply up. She might be very efficient and getting plenty in the five minutes.
You can try and keep her awake longer for feeding by stripping her off, tickling her feet or blowing on her. Sometimes a bum change and then back to the boob helps too.

she might be getting enough, but sounds like she is getting tired and not really feeding (from what the hospital told me when my LO did this) we were told to strip her off to her nappy, take my top of, put her on my chest for skin to skin, when she takes a little break stroke the soles of her feet, and her back, she should start again.. it might also be worth checking to see if your lo has a tongue tie as this can make it harder for them, my lo has a slight tt and is still feeding 10 weeks on they just showed me other ways to get a deeper latch while she got better at feeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->