North Korea

totally off topic but bumpy_j the gif in your siggie makes me nearly wet myself everytime i see it, so so funny.

I found a whole page of Spaced GIFs, it made me so happy :haha:

I don't know what's happening. But nuclear war scares me, so I just stick my head in the sand and ignore it all. God, why can't we all just leave each other alone? I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the world's people just want to live in peace and see their children grow up, not chuck missiles at each other.

Amen!

Just came on here to post a thread about this and found one already here. Hate stuff like this as it makes me so worried and now I have a lo I'm even worse. Really hope worst case scenario doesn't happen. Also for the people of N Korea, I hope things come to some good resolution soon.

Just came on here to post a thread about this and found one already here. Hate stuff like this as it makes me so worried and now I have a lo I'm even worse. Really hope worst case scenario doesn't happen. Also for the people of N Korea, I hope things come to some good resolution soon.

Yeah that's the thing, if I didn't have a kid I'd be so chilled out about the whole thing. It's just made me so sad about the world I've bought him into.

So true. When you have children you view things much differently.

Yeah that's the thing, if I didn't have a kid I'd be so chilled out about the whole thing. It's just made me so sad about the world I've bought him into.

You know, I used to feel that way, but after thinking about it I know longer do. There have been bad people in the world since the beginning of time. Now we have more powerful weapons and greater access to each other because of the internet, but I still think humanity is pretty much the same. Most of us being quite good!

You know, I used to feel that way, but after thinking about it I know longer do. There have been bad people in the world since the beginning of time. Now we have more powerful weapons and greater access to each other because of the internet, but I still think humanity is pretty much the same. Most of us being quite good!

True but there is always an air of war/doomsday in the air, I get so scared that if something happens I wont be able to protect him, as so many people in wars weren't able to do before us. I sort of just want to move to a really neutral country haha.

True but there is always an air of war/doomsday in the air, I get so scared that if something happens I wont be able to protect him, as so many people in wars weren't able to do before us. I sort of just want to move to a really neutral country haha.

I know, right?! I'm thinking Greenland, is it nice there?

He's so young have u seen his picture? he just needs a slap and telling off from his mum

Not that I condone child violence of course, but maybe in his case

aha he's 30 believe it or not, so it's fine ;) looks like a big chubby baby !

And what's with the hair? It's scary to think someone like that is given so much power. I really feel sorry for the people of North Korea....sad to think all they know and believe is what their told from their leaders

I must admit, he's hard to take seriously with the way that he looks. His dad was just as bad. He kind of looked like an ugly woman.

The movie "Team America" did a parody about his father. It was hilarious. I sometimes wonder if he ever saw it, but probably not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaKX9YYHiQ

My only worry is that, leaders did not take Hitler seriously at first. Even those who put him in power believed he was a puppet that could be controlled and look what he did.
If NK release just one missile, whether it can reach America or not, the implications will be dire. I can't see American letting it go just because it didn't reach.
I think it would be foolish to write NK off, Kim is still the leader of an entire country with small military capability.

What I'm scared of is another Hiroshima/Nagasaki scare tactic aimed at NK. I hope that we've moved on from that 'greater good' logic though. All I pray for is the people of NK to be free from this god-complexed fool sooner than later without the need for all-out war.

I'm not worried, America can more than look after things. I haven't noticed the Lib Dems talking about getting rid of Trident recently....wonder how supportive people would be of that atm?!

What I'm scared of is another Hiroshima/Nagasaki scare tactic aimed at NK. I hope that we've moved on from that 'greater good' logic though. All I pray for is the people of NK to be free from this god-complexed fool sooner than later without the need for all-out war.

Yes, this is what I most fear as well. I'm more concerned for the people of NK.

I'm not worried, America can more than look after things. I haven't noticed the Lib Dems talking about getting rid of Trident recently....wonder how supportive people would be of that atm?!

Mm yes... I dunno, i'm torn on it. David Cameron apparently said today contrary to all other evidence that the missiles can reach the UK and I don't think I believe him. This is quite an interesting article regarding the hysteria.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/04/wheres-real-threat-kim-jong-un-trident

BTW I urge everyone interested to watch the Vice documentary about North Korea on Youtube. It's quite old but really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->