Northern Ireland Homebirth... this is gonna be a nightmare.

God what a nightmare! I really hope you get the home birth you want. Sounds like you had a right old time of it in hospital x

NuKe I just wanted to let you know that at my yoga class last night there was a woman having a home birth. At 37 weeks they'll deliver gas & air to her home and she has 2 midwives on 24 hour call. She says they've all been very supportive. A positive story then - fingers crossed it won't be as hard as you fear!

oh speccy that makes me feel better! sounds good!!

I've been thinking about this soo much recently. I had to go to the hospital last week to get anti-d and it put me off going there even more! I would love to do it at home, but I'm nearly 100% sure I've left it too late. I don't even have any MW appointments left. I'm such a dope - I should have gone with my instinct months ago.

What do you think? Is it worth contacting my MW about it?

i think you definitely should. the lateness shouldn't matter! you might still have a month left! ring her anyway, and be firm!! good luck and let me know how it goes!!

Cheers I will do! Luckily (for me, maybe not so much her) she gave me her mobile number. Have just texted OH - gonna wait to see what kinda reply he gives me :D

i essentially just TOLD barry i was having a hb :haha: after all its me having the baby! are you going to get a pool? theres a ton on ebay!!

Yup we would have to. Just not sure how it works - do they assign you a MW on call and they bring everything with them? What about G&A?

yep they can bring G&A! im honestly not too sure how it works with mws!!

I phoned NTC & my midwife yesterday - couldn't get them so left messages, but didn't get a response. Phoned the GP there now though (they only take calls from 12 :dohh:) and...surprisingly, didn't get the shutdown I was expecting!

The doctor is going to look into it for me! The GPs don't support it but she said that its up to me at the end of the day. She is going to phone the hospital & my MW and get back to me later. Eeek!

omg that's BRILLIANT!!! :happydance:

I'm over the moon for you!! This is going to be a yes, and realistically, if it's a no... just don't accept it. And reiterate that your GP said it's YOUR choice. :hugs: Keep me posted!!

GP phoned back. Shes made an appointment with the consultant at the royal tomorrow for me. Am a bit gobsmacked! They may still say no so not getting my hopes up altogether but its still really good progress :D

they can't say no! if you are low risk, there is NO REASON why not. low staff isnt your problem. they will try and scare you into hospital, trust me it happened to me. but stick to your guns! if you go into labour and say ur not going to hospital, they aren't going to leave you by yourself!!

Haha its so devious! Only problem now is that I'm shitting myself :dohh:

OH is on board. He was very skeptical yesterday but after doing some reading and chatting it over, he is quite up for it :) Only problem is I've no pool yet but can't order it until I speak to the consultant tomorrow.

My mum is at my house but I'm scared to tell her as she'll be totally against it. Last time I brought it up, she shouted me down for not going to the hospital to get a 'break'. Hmmm I got no break at the hospital the last time :haha:

Oooh how exciting Jenny! I'm glad you've had such a quick response, and don't let them tell you no! Good luck x

my mums very against the idea too, but i told her to shut up and her going on about how much safer i wud be in hosp wasnt going to change my mind!

Arghh!! Everything might be off :(

I put the wrong petrol in the car this morning. £30 for the wrong unleaded, £40 for the pickup, £80-100 for the garage. Might have to cancel everything because I now can't afford the pool. Typical :cry:

You don't need a pool :shrug: Did you specifically want a water birth? Your hospital might not even have any free either.

No I want a pool. I had a water birth the last time and have my heart set on it again. My hospital had 2 so getting one wouldnt really have been an issue. I could actually thump myself. Really really bloody hard :(

Awk OH is sweet. He set to use the credit card and go to
My appointment, so maybe not all hope is lost :thumbup:

I'll have my fingers crossed :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back