Northern Ireland Homebirth... this is gonna be a nightmare.

Am back! Was quite positive but they are just worried about the timescale, especially because I was early the last time. They said that if I used the pool at the hospital, I can be discharged straight from the delivery suite so that was at least something.

What do you if it's think? Am just worried about getting the pool in time. They won't be able to confirm the MWs until at least Friday but if I waited until then to buy a pool, I'd be waiting until about Tuesday for delivery. The wee dude arrived on that day (39+2) the last time :dohh: Argh am kicking myself for not standing up for what I wanted sooner :/

Nuke even if I can't go ahead with it, I was shocked at how open they were to the idea. You might not find yourself with such a fight after all!

Oh, they also offered me a sweep, but I said no :haha: Am not ready just yet!

im glad ur having a good response! i was considering the delivery suite - home option but half the reason i want to have this kid at home is so i dont have an epi, which i KNOW ill end up having in hospital, and i dont want that- it didn't work last time and I got more panicked by that than anything else!

I was too late for an epidural, so am hoping it'll be the same this time hehe.

Have you any birthing centres up your direction? They can't administer epidurals afaik so you couldn't go down that route anyway, even if you decided you wanted to!

Ok loooong chat with OH last night. Think I'm going for the 2nd option - ie hospital pool & home straight after :(

He is happier this way and after the stresses we had yesterday (worst day ever!) it makes sense for us as a family to do it this way instead of the other way. Am really gutted tbh but its my own fault for not sorting it sooner. At least i know that its a definite for the *next* baby...in like 5 years :haha:

Thanks for your support though. I'm at least confident about the birth, even though its not in the place I want it to be in. Keep me up to date with your progress though Nuke!!

ru on my fb jenny?
i am getting a bit of pressure from my oh to do delivery suite to home as well, hes all 'what if something happens' but we live 10 mins from the hospital! 5 if we wer in an ambulance! Hes making me doubt myself. Need to have a long chat with him too i think. I dont think he understands that the main reason i want the hb is so he doesnt have to leave us!!
I wasnt too late for the epi... But went 3-9 cm in an hour so obviously pops was in a hurry to get out and meet us! It was the same with my mum wen she was having my brother, though he was near a 10-lber! Poor woman!

Hi Nuke, are you still going for a home birth?

I am going to ask my community midwife tomorrow about it at my checkup appt. Expecting a fight tbh, had EMCS last time tho I do have major doubts about if that was really necessary. Disappointing to see that we dont have the same rights here in N.Ireland as the rest of the UK so cant even use that argument. TBH not expecting an argument from the midwife as it was her put the idea in my head after I had my DS in 2007. The consultant tho I expect will be another matter.

I haven't had any problems whatsoever! My mw is all for it as long as i stay low risk! same with the consultant! you shud come over to the NI threads tazgirl ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->