nose bleeds

Uvlollypop

finally a mum
Reaction score
anyone else gettin nose bleeds??? i keep gettin them in the mornings, im not sure if its a pregnancy thing or if theres something else wrong... ideas??anyone??

Ive had about 5 nosebleeds so far. Think I'd only ever had one in my whole life before so guess it must be a pregnancy thing

xx

It's a pregnancy thing for sure. I have never had a nosebleed in my life and almost never get any blood, even a spot, when I blow my nose. Until about week 7 and now it's constantly bloody when I blow my nose. Something to do with the nasal passages being more congested or something, can't quite remember, but panic not!

yup...i dont know the reason why but i do know that nosebleeds are associated with pregnancy...its meant to be a healthy sign

h x

Its def due to being pregnant, I read online somewhere it is common, so don't worry hun. I have been getting them over the last 2 weeks. I have had 4 now. I get them during the night which is great!! Cannot sleep as it is now i'm getting nose bleeds. X

If its really dry/hot where you are too, it will aggrevate it more. I get blood sometimes, but I find if the furnace cuts in before I get out of bed, I have more (yes, its really that cold that we still need to turn the heat on in the mornings!!)

It's quite common in pregnancy. :)

It's down to the increase in the ammount of blood being produced in your bod atm. It causes the cappilliaries to swell which makes you feel as if you have a blocked nose or need to blow when you don't.

As a result of that you blow harder and/or more regularly which bursts the capilliaries and gives you a nose bleed. Also the nose is a delicate area so it doesn't take a lot to disrupt it's environment.

Here endedetheth the lesson.

Hey, I got knowledge, Cool. :lol:

Wow, so glad to hear that this is a common thing. I've been getting nose bleeds recently, too, and was wondering what's up. I also have a lot of pressure behind my nose, like if I bend my head down it gets all tingly and I get a kind of sour feeling of pressure, if you know what I mean.

I got little nose bleeds quite often so I think it's normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->