Nose Bleeeeed

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Skywalker, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I don't normally get these. For the past few days I've been feeling like I'm getting sick and congested and just blew my nose and there was a lot (but not a ton) of blood. I really don't normally get these unless I've been in a really dry, hot area like when I was living in New England in the winter and constantly had a fire going. I'm in New Zealand and it's been going back and forth between hot and cold, so it's definitely not like how it was in New England. Is this something that happens in pregnancy? Lol, I don't want to blame EVERYTHING that happens with my body on my pregnancy but just curious :)

2. Bespy

Bespy Active Member

I just got a nose bleed a couple days ago and again the next day. I do remember from past pregnancies that I also had them (when I usually do not). Pretty sure it's normal :)

3. Larkspur

Larkspur Well-Known Member

Nose bleeds are a really common symptom of pregnancy. It's to do with your increased blood volume and the pressure it puts on the very fine vessels inside your nose.

Last time I was pregnant, I had an epic (hour-long-plus) nosebleed every day for the last week before I went into labour. When they start up again this time, I guess I'll know I'm nearly ready to go, haha.

4. Skywalker

Geez! All the things we have to deal with while pregnant... lol! I can't imagine those epic hour-long-plus nose bleeds! Doesn't sound like fun! Mine wasn't fun either, almost made me vomit lol

5. MrsGax

MrsGax Well-Known Member

My nose has been bleeding lately too! Not bad, but every time I blow my nose, there is mostly blood. I think everything going on with me right now is pregnancy related cause I just do not feel like myself. At all. :wacko:

6. Skywalker

I know, me too! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! It sucks though. I've also been sneezing a lot more, like having sneezing fits, and then I blow my nose and there's lots of blood. :/

7. lilmor07

lilmor07 expecting a spring baby!

hey girls I've had a few nose bleeds too, that don't stop for a long time xx

8. SoldierWife

SoldierWife Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I get these ALL The time now.

Like a week ago I got a TERRIBLE one, it was like full on gushing blood [like soaked through two wash cloths bad] for close to 45 min. Then a few days later I got a couple more smaller ones that only lasted a couple min. I knew something wasn't normal....I haven't had a bloody nose since I was like 8 years old.

Well I googled it and found out its a sign for pregnancy....so I took a test and well I figured out why I get them now haha!

I've had a couple since I tested last weekend, another semi bad one that was on and off for an hour but it wasn't a lot of blood. When I get them I get super lightheaded and tired.

I have my first doctors appointment today and I'm going to bring it up and see what she says.

9. Tangrang

Tangrang Well-Known Member

Yes I've been getting them too (and did in my first pregnancy). Luckily mostly at home but had a massive sudden, gushing nosebleed at work this week. Really embarrassing as couldn't get to the ladies as too far away so just had to sit it out at my desk. Ended up with blood on my blouse but nothing I could do except wear a cardigan when walking through the office to hide it. Hope it doesn't happen at work again!!