Not a Big eater

sapphire20

Olivia & Alex <3
Reaction score
Olivia used to love her milk, she was on about 40oz a day before weaning, since weaning she only takes the following:

7am - 5oz
9.30am - Porridge
11.15 - 2 or 3 oz max
1.30pm - Vegetable or soup and not even that much and some toast
4.30 pm - fruit of somesort and again not that much and 6 oz milk
6.30pm - 6oz
Bed
Sometimes feeding can take me an hour to get her to take a decent amount.

I really dont think she is getting anywhere near enough but she just screams if I try to get her to take anymore both with milk and solids.
Im stuck with what to do as she used to love hermilk and even her solids when we first started.

I think that is just about enough milk, I think the guidelines say 500ml min which is about 18oz.

Is she eating a lot of porridge? It is very filling, so maybe that's why she eats less of her other food, I don't know. Either way I don't think there's a problem here, not sure what others think?

I think that is just about enough milk, I think the guidelines say 500ml min which is about 18oz.

Is she eating a lot of porridge? It is very filling, so maybe that's why she eats less of her other food, I don't know. Either way I don't think there's a problem here, not sure what others think?

Thanks for the input! Its just others seem to be feeding ther LO alot more milk and solids, she just isnt interested in food or eating at all!

I know the feeling...Ruby is the same age and has about 5 mouthfuls of solids a day. She does drink about 35oz mik though. As long as Olivia is happy I really wouldn't worry.

Is she having puree? I've noticed that a lot of people on here have said that their LO's take aprox 20oz (give or take an oz or two) and they are having puree.

As long as she's taking something and isn't losing weight and still seems herself then I wouldn't worry? Could you check with your HV if you're still worried?

I don't think it is far off what Izzy had then, and she is still on 50th centile for weight and height, so she was obviously getting enough.

She had then something like this:
8am 7oz milk
11am porridge made with 3 oz milk and a small banana
1pm 4oz milk
3pm about 180g (size of the larger pots) of food, plus a fromage frais
5.30pm 7oz
7.30pm 7oz

I have seen some babies her age eating way loads more, but I cant make her take any more ..and she soon starts shouting if she is hungry, so there is no way she isn't getting enough, and she still sleeps 12 hours.

Thanks girls. will take it up with HV to see what she says. She still sleeps 12 hours so not worried about that, but her weight gain has fairly slowed down and HV told me it shouldnt have slowed that much yet! She only gained 3oz in 3 weeks, but she is a big girl shes 20lb + at 7 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->