"Not a viable pregnancy"

solastyear

Reaction score
I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks 4 days and was super excited becuase this was following a miscarriage in April. At 5w I started spotting and it progressed to bleeding like a period with bright red blood, went to the er and had a blood draw ( was at 1500) and an internal ultrasound and found a sac, and was sent home. The bleeding continued as heavy as a period until my follow up appointment two days later. Went and saw my doctor and my numbers had risen (2500) and once again did an exam (closed cervix) and found the sac and what seemed to be the beginning of a yolk, but found bleeding behind the baby and the doctor seem concerned about this. So I once again went to have my blood drawn two days later and it went down to (2255) but my cervix is still closed (she didnt do an ultrasound this time, not sure why)and the bleeding is now spotting off and on and pink in color with no pain at all...the doctor said she doesn't feel this is a viable pregnancy and my options are to wait to miscarry naturally or Dnc..I'm very concerned and confused becuase with my last miscarriage cervix was open and was passing clots and tissues and LOTS of pain...what do you ladies think?

:hugs: to you, I would wait and see if you can. You never know it could just be a bleed and bean could be okay

Such awful news to hear! I also would wait and see, if you're able to. I had a bleed at 6 weeks, woke up full to a full on downpour of blood, just like a period-I am now nearly 16 weeks and so far everything has gone well.

I'd certainly wait. At least until you can get in for another ultrasound to confirm whatever is going on. I've had bleeds with all but one of my nine pregnancies, and while seven of those pg ended in m/c, I went full term with my daughter despite a bleed at 8 weeks. So hang in there and, if your doctor doesn't order another u/s and labs, then keep demanding them until you get them. You deserve to know what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->