not an ectopic!!!! but.... could be something else now but have hope

annaaabanana

Reaction score
Hey yall!!! Today I went in for my ultrasound to make sure I do not have an ectopic... well we got to see the gest sac and yok sac!!! <3 I was so happy. They said it measures to be over 5 weeks.. and from my first day of last period, it would be today 5 w and 5 days... so the sac is measuring about right i am saying.. but he said i could have a missed miscarriage because my hcg is not doubling.. it is only rising. i am getting an ultrasound wedsday again. he said if it is not a mmc, than we will be able to see the baby and the sac will have grown! but i'm pretty confident.. he said he most likely is but also that he doesnt know for sure. and will not tell me yes or no.. because he has seen it go both ways.. but im thinking it will go good.. i mean the sac is measured right.. ? ya kow! well im very happy ectopic is crossed out of the picture.. just praying that the baby has not stopped growing!! thank you everyone :hugs:

I was googling it and saw this

'Additionally, the doubling time (time needed for the value to double) also changes as the pregnancy advances, hence you can expect the increase to slow down as you follow it. In fact, once the thresholds for ultrasound detection have been passed, following serial hCG levels does little except overly worry people. Again if I had a nickel for every baby I have held in my arms that did not initially have perfectly doubling hCG levels or for every D & C I have had to perform for a failed pregnancy that was indeed doubling, I would be retired in the South of France reading poetry and eating peeled grapes. At a bottom line, do not hesitate to ask your coordinator or physician about their ideas concerning these levels so you do not unduly worry yourselves.'

Thought it might be some reassurance

Got everything crossed for you

Good luck! Today or tomorrow morning, i find out my hcg results.. last week i was 300 so hopefully its gone up! But I've been bleeding off and on with a few small clots.

I was googling it and saw this

'Additionally, the doubling time (time needed for the value to double) also changes as the pregnancy advances, hence you can expect the increase to slow down as you follow it. In fact, once the thresholds for ultrasound detection have been passed, following serial hCG levels does little except overly worry people. Again if I had a nickel for every baby I have held in my arms that did not initially have perfectly doubling hCG levels or for every D & C I have had to perform for a failed pregnancy that was indeed doubling, I would be retired in the South of France reading poetry and eating peeled grapes. At a bottom line, do not hesitate to ask your coordinator or physician about their ideas concerning these levels so you do not unduly worry yourselves.'

Thought it might be some reassurance

Got everything crossed for you

wow! yes, thank you so much! that actually did make me feel a lot better:) i am praying and hoping for the best!!!! my sac measures just right.. :D so tht is good. I thik my doctor thinks it will be a mmc just because my levles. but he also said he has seen it go the other way, and he said he would hate to do the d&c.. not knowing if the bbay is still growing or not.. i was like yeah deffinelty not getting a d&c without knowing for sure! that would just be ridiculours! lol he was nice tho.. but i just am having mixed emotions! happy and scared at same time becauzse i dont wanna go in wedsday and not see the bby but i just know i will!! thank you <3:hugs:

Good luck! Today or tomorrow morning, i find out my hcg results.. last week i was 300 so hopefully its gone up! But I've been bleeding off and on with a few small clots.

oh no!!! i hope the baby is just fine :) i havent had anny bleeding. exepct for some pink spots a few weeks ago but i hope you are fine.. and have faith you will be :) how old are you? :hugs:

Doctor said my levels went down.... :( Wow.... I'm heartbroken. Ultrasound tomorrow.

Doctor said my levels went down.... :( Wow.... I'm heartbroken. Ultrasound tomorrow.

oh no :( i'm so so sorry!!!! It sound's like a chemical pregnancy.. i had a mc in september and you will never forget it. i still think about that baby even tho i'm pregnant again.. it's very hard! but you will get through it :) i couldnt even stand to see other pregnant women. i was os bitter towards the whole wrong.. i'm 19. :) my bf's 20. we have been together for over two and a half years.. and i really don't think it matters how young you rae.. if you're ready to be a mother, than you are certainly ready! ppl are mean . but please let me know if you need anything at all :) ill be praying for you and you're bf... and remember, you're baby's soul will grow in heaven. and when you do have a little baby, he/she will have two souls <3 :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

When pregnant with my daughter, I never had levels checked so had no idea what they were at. But I wanted to let you know that I went for a scan at 6w1d and we could only see the gestational and yolk sac, a fetal pole was nowhere to be seen.

2 weeks later, hello perfect baby with a heartbeat! You aren't out yet :flower:

Plus, might I add that the Dr who did the first scan was very happy with what he saw, and said everything was progressing just as it should for that stage. Fingers crossed its the same result for you :hugs:

When pregnant with my daughter, I never had levels checked so had no idea what they were at. But I wanted to let you know that I went for a scan at 6w1d and we could only see the gestational and yolk sac, a fetal pole was nowhere to be seen.

Plus, might I add that the Dr who did the first scan was very happy with what he saw, and said everything was progressing just as it should for that stage. Fingers crossed its the same result for you :hugs:

thank you so much :) im happy to hear that!! and he was not worried about what was seen on the u/s. just my hcg levels are rising, but not quite as fast as others do! I was suprised to see the gest sac and the yolk sac. never seen anything like it :D i was like omgg!!! but I will be 6 weeks this saturday! im praying praying praying that my levels are just slow and that we will see baby on wedsday!! <3 he said we should be able too. :hugs:

Best of luck for your next scan! We started TTC when we were 19 xoxo

I'm going for a private scan tomorrow at nearly 8 weeks. They said they don't do them any earlier for exactly these reasons that at 6 weeks you don't always see something!

I'm going for a private scan tomorrow at nearly 8 weeks. They said they don't do them any earlier for exactly these reasons that at 6 weeks you don't always see something!

oh dang! they told me that the sac wil have grown if it's not a mmc and we will be able to see a fetal pole most likely! :) so either way we will find out.. and look for a heartbeat.. but it just depends really.. we got to see the gest sac and yolk sac yesterday so they said in a week we should be able to see something if its not a mmc. im praying for you and me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->