Not been around for a while, but been lurking, Shall I keep TTC?

Janie66

Husband Dave,2 daughters
Reaction score
Hi all,
Not been posting on here for ages,but lurking.... well I am at the point where I think I am going to throw in the towel in TTC, my last af was 3 days late,took tests, got those cruel BFN's and then came a heavy af, I just have had enough, for the sake of my sanity should I just give up? I cried so much when last af came, I locked myself away in my room and cried on and off all afternoon. I dont know how much longer I can go on TTC like this, Ive had all the tests done, fsh,scans,progetsrone, only ones that flagged up were prog was low, could been an anonovulary month? had a low AMH come back 1.5, yet i know women with lower levels than mine managed to get pregnant,I cant seem to get a positive on those IC ovulation tests, I used clearblue monitor for 2 months and only ever got highs, so gave up, tried BBT and only ever got 2 ovulation cross lines out of 5, I get all the other signs ie CM, being randy around muddle of cycle, occaionally felt twinges in ovaries around time I think I should be ovulating, my oh has low sperm counts come back, so now theres more to add to the mix of fertility issues, GP wont help due to my age now and we cant affor private fertility treatment, list goes on and on..... So fed up,low and going slightly insane from it all now. Does any one have any help or just a hug and some advice and hope for me still on here. I read the success stories etc, which makes me happy but so bloody sad at same time, because Im wishing it was me , whens my turn.....Im now aged 45, I feel so old now days, I think this TTC makes you so aware of your age thing, too much so. Sorry, think Ill stop, because Im ramberling on now.

Thanks x

:hugs:
I think only you can decide that Hun

Have you considered IUI ... I've heard it is only a few houndred $ here if it is unmonitored

thanks milty for replying x
we did look into IUI, and got quotes of £2k up, just wasnt sure of success rates that put us off.. maybe we could look into that again, just my age worrys me, whats the % with my age in IUI? anyone?

thanks

I don't know if they do this there but here I have a friend who only paid $250 which is only about £450 for a "easy" IUI.

Now I will be honest she didn't get much for it & the success rate was lower but not by a lot.

What she did was chart taking vaginal temps for better accuracy for a couple months... Then she made her appt based on her estimate of her O and when in for the doc to do the rest. They didn't wash the sperm or anything. They just sent it straight up the pipes.

She said everyone was nice but could tell she was getting everything on the cheap...she had to do it 4 times for success but paid in total less than 1 IUI with all the bells & whistles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->