Not eating enough? Help!

Beffy

Reaction score
So I've been trying to keep track of what I eat lately, and it seems I eat way under what my counter (myfitnesspal) says I should be eating. It says I should have 1880 calories, but like today, I've eaten everything except dinner and I have 1000 more calories to eat, according to the website. But I'm not really hungry, though I will have dinner and a snack later, which will be around 400-500 calories combined, but that's still around 600 calories under my "goal" or whatever. And everything I've read says that this is bad and that you need to eat those calories that it tells you to, but I don't know what to do! Help, please. I'm so awful at this eating right thing, I wish there were just guidelines that were extremely specific :(

By the way, I weigh 280 pounds, so I'm definitely not a tiny little thing who's just under eating.

Also just wanted to add, I'm doing my best to not eat junk food, and today I had some cereal, and turkey sandwhich on wheat bread, and a strawberry banana smoothie with greek yogurt. I know I need to get my calories from healthy things, I'm just not sure about the amounts.

If keeping it 1200 or up its a massive plus still.

Have you tried the approch of eating 300 cals every 2.5hrs? I sometimes force myself to eat, never get to point am hungry.
Like when i did drink enough water, bit force had to come in to help me along, now i do it without thinking about.

I wouldn't worry about it, i eat 1200 calories a day, that's the minimum your body needs really, i wouldn't force yourself to eat if you are not hungry, sounds like you're doing a really good job, and as long as you are not slipping under 1200 calories a day then you'll be fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->