Not enough sleep???

Ema

Mummy :) xxx
Reaction score
Jacob just does not sleep....and i dont just mean at night time. He is only just coming up to 8 weeks and his pattern goes like this...
Wake 6.30-7am
30 min nap at 9-9.30am
wake 9.30-10am
1 hr nap at 12-1pm
wake 1-2pm
30min nap at 3.30-4pm
wake 4-4.30pm
30min nap at 7-7.30 (after his bath and bottle)
Wake 7.30-8pm
Bed at 10-11pm
sleeps till 2-3am (so 3-4hours sleep)
setlles back down at 3-4am (about an hour after he wakes)
sleeps for an hour till 5-6am (2 hours sleep)
Then is up and down until he finally wakes around 6.30-7am (so maybe another hour MAX)
So in 24 hours he is only sleeping 8.5 - 9.5hrs!!! surely this isnt enough for a newborn. I know it varies and alot of babies at this stage are awake alot in the day but surely they sleep better at nice or vice versa????

:) I have tried putting him down for naps but i can leave him half an hour and come back and he's still WIDE awake...???

XXX

I think all babies need certain hours of sleep but yours sounds just like mine was lol and still is today except the night time ..your LO is just more alert and wanting to explore this new world :)

I find Morgans like this when he has wind..he dont really moan just cant settle 4 long..Try a lil gripe water..!! could not have anything 2 do with that though lol...Hv told me that babies never miss out on sleep..if they are tired they'll sleep..!

Jasmine has not been sleeping much during the day either... At night her routine is kind of like yours, but her poop of the day is usually in the morning around 8 or so, so I find she gets gassy after her 3-4 oclock feeding and then doesn't sleep alot.

How is Jacob in the car? The car works great for putting Jas to sleep or calming her down.

Ive also learnt to just go to bed early, since she wakes early lol.

Hannah was like that for a while (not quite that bad but rarely slept), she kind of grew out of it I guess, she sleeps more often now

My baby does not sleep at all in the day time when he wakes at 8am and stays awake allday, even in the pram or the car untill around 4pm :| i thought babies slept alot.. but that doesnt seem to be with my baby..

Lola still sleeps really little.She goes from 11-7 with only one wake up but will sleep about 2 hours tops during the day...
The thing is she really doesn't seem tired at all!She's an energizer bunny! :lol:

The only thing that will out her down for a nap is being on my shoulder after her bottle and her vibrating chair sometimes.

Ellies barely sleeps either shes abit better on the nights but just lately shes been waking more. She would sleep loads if i left her in my arms but with a 3 year old needing my attention i have to put her down and the minute i do that shes up. Benn wasnt much of a sleeper either so i hold no hope for more sleep for quite a while yet!!

It is hard Ema. Gabbi doesn't really have a pattern during the day. I think I wrote this on another thread.

The last week, during the day (7 - 7), has been like this:

4 1/4 h
7 1/4
4 1/2
2 1/2
6 1/2
5 1/4
3 1/4

At these are all at different times!!! She's asleep at the moment, has been for about 20 minutes but have to wake her for food in a minute. Then she will probably be awake until SHE decides she wants to sleep, maybe not at all! Even if I put her in her cot, she either sleeps, screams or lies there! She sleeps more in her rocker chair in the front room.

just like mine,lol
sorry no advice. LO is now 3 and half months old and wakes up 4-5 times a night. He used to wake up upto 6-8 times

My LO is about the same age and exactly the same. OH calls it - powernapping...

She will sleep for a couple of hours every few days or so during the day but then it is usually on my shoulder or on one of those big comfy cushions on the couch. She only naps in the box or crib for about 30 minutes at a time.

Luckily she does sleep for 3-4 hours at night so that's good and she's not really fussy during the day, just awake.

We've just decided that it's normal for her and she'll sleep when she needs to...

Tristan is good at sleeping throughout the night (usually) but is a bit hit or miss with his sleeping during the day. One thing I think really helps is taking him out for a walk in his buggy. It must feel like being rocked about in the womb or something as it really calms him down. He can be going balistic one minute but once he is in his buggy and walking about he calms right down and goes to sleep. I know it is often hard to get out if you are doing things in your house, but it is often worth it. Baby carriers are really good too as well. Today, Tristan had really bad wind and was crying constantly - I took him out for a walk in his Baby Bjorn carrier for about 10 minutes and he fell into a deep sleep.

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"