Not feeling like a mom ?

1st_baby

I dont know if any of this will make sense but im quite teary ATM :cry:

Max has now been in day care for 3 weeks and hes doing great ..but something is bothering me ..I dont feel like a mom anymore ..

I drop him off at 8am and pick up him by 4-5pm ..change him ,make supper ..he plays for about 1 hrs or so cuddles for 5 min then bottle and bed ..its like this from mon-fri

Week-ends are the onyl time I have my son all day ..and im really started to worry he may not like me anymore ..did i put him in daycare too early will he still know who I am ?? :cry: I miss my lil boy so much ..he wont even cuddle with me but will go to daddy ..

Tomorrow is my b-day and ive told the daycare he will stay with me all day ..

But im I just paranoid ? Surely my son cant forget who I am :hissy:

You will always be his mum :hugs: I know how you feel though, im so afraid to go back to work now! I wish I could just stay home.

Don't worry honey he won't forget who you are, you're his mummy and always will be no matter that he is in daycare. Big hugs for you though cos it must be really hard for you. x

awww hunni your still a mummy just a mummy that works

I swear im beating myself up with all this , but i know its just a phase but I miss my cuddly lil boy ..I actually woke him from his nap today just because i wanted to hold him ..to which he didn't like much but ended up falling asleep on me and i was so happy..

I too wish i didnt have to work ..maybe im just too broody right now lol

:hugs: I can totally see where you are coming from. I think I'd feel the same if I had to leave Hannah during the week. I left her in Texas for four hours (with her daddy) so I could go somewhere with one of my sisters and I practically ran into the door to get to her when we got back

Your are not alone, I feel exactly the same. I was only getting home after 6 and he goes to be at 7. I renegotiated with my work and now get home by 5. Its amazing the different an hour makes!

I feel exactly the same hun, this is Seth's 3rd week at nursery and I feel so detatched from him. I know he'd rather be there than with me because he gets so excited when we take him and when I go to pick him up he doesn't even look at me. It's heartbreaking but I'd rather take the pain than him. Id rather him have a good time and not miss me iykwim?

He is in nursery from 8am-6pm everyday (apart from Thursdays when his nan has him) and he gets all his meals there, so all I do for him now is change him and dress him in the morning, and change him and put him to bed in the evening at 7pm. We get an hour in the evenings together but then he's tired so he's just totally grumpy and miserable all evening, it's awful.

But on the positive side I really make the weekends count now, we do loads of nice things together and I really look forward to it.

No advice hun, just :hugs:

xxx

I think this is something that we can all relate to. Good luck with everything and your son will always love you, even if you don't spend quite as much time with him as you used to. x

i totally understand you, its so hard putting them in daycare, you have to keep telling yourself all the time that they are okay, and happy and try not feel guilty. its even harder now that my son looks at me as i go out the door, i actually cried today in the elevator on the way from dropping him off. and hes been there for 2 months already

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->