Not Feeling Maternal Anymore

Mazzy

Reaction score
I am about 6 days overdue and I'm forgetting how excited I was to meet my LO. I've been so focused on going into labor and feeling depressed that it hasn't happened that I feel I'm losing sight of the prize. It's like I'm so emotionally exhausted that my maternal feelings are vanishing. Has anyone else been through this?

I'm quite scared that the maternal feelings won't come :p
I'm not a very gooey, emotional person but I really am hoping that when he actually gets here, my instincts will take over... I love him... I just don't feel like his mommy yet lol x

I myself am sorry to say that I sort of lost that feeling this week. And I'm in my 35th week, as well. Sometimes it is a love/hate relationship. 4 weeks and 5 days till I meet my little one (c-section). Some days I am but I'm not excited.

I'm 6 days over due aswell and I feel completely the same, I think it's because we're so hyped about our baby's being here by a certain date and it doesn't happen, you kind of feel as though you'll be pregnant forever :haha:

I've lost the 'excitedness'. My doctor was damn sure I wouldn't see monday morning without my baby, but here I am. I know I'm not due till friday, but to be told you're not likely to last the weekend, I feel a little useless.

I've had all the right signs and pains, but they start up too late in the night, I go to bed because I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. The prospect of only having 2-4 hours sleep with no progression and two young kids to run around after doesn't appeal to me.

:hugs: thats normal. going overdue id feel like telling baby off as soon as he/she arrives :haha:

its my due date today however iv been told since 36wks baby will be early

ahh i feel the same he was due last tuesday! it doesnt feel like im ever going to meet him, just feel tired constantly ! oh well i have another sweep at 2 hopefully it works :)

I told my OH due dates are so much like Y2K. You expect this extraordinary event to occur - where your whole world could change...then the date comes and goes and voila: nothing - a total non-event. The anti-climatic effect leaves you thinking you were kind of an idiot for expecting anything at all. And then you kinda forget what all the hype was... I guess that's where I am now. I'm just afraid that when he does finally come, I'm not going to feel the loving maternal feelings that I felt all along during my pregnancy, making it harder to take care of him.

I'm quite scared that the maternal feelings won't come :p
I'm not a very gooey, emotional person but I really am hoping that when he actually gets here, my instincts will take over... I love him... I just don't feel like his mommy yet lol x

You guys will all forget these times the moment your LO breaks out!

To the OP-don't worry. Just focus on you right now! Get a massage, a pedicure. Have cuddle time with OH. Whatever makes you happy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->