Not happy. Grr!

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I've watched every episode of Hells Kitchen, and fallen in lust with Marco!:blush:

Anyway, I loved the sound of his fish pie, and everyone ranted about how it was the best fish pie they'd ever tasted. So, I ordered the book from Amazon, it's just arrived, and I've ripped open the box and scoured the pages for the recipe - and it's not bloody there!:hissy:

I'd be okay if I wanted to cook Native Oysters with Citrus Fruits and Coriander, or Pot Roast of Pig's Head with Honey and Cloves, but all I wanted to do was a bloody fish pie!!!!!!!!!:hissy::rofl:

i loved watching this, I have read Gordens book and he mentions Marco alot in it, hes made him out to be a right nut case so i was expecting him to be throwing knifes and all sorts lol but he was lovely!!
Sooooooooo Sexy, i really enoyed it

x

Is this it...

Marco Pierre White
Wednesday January 31, 2007
The Guardian
The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column, Friday February 16 2007

The recipe below for the Yew Tree's fish pie gave no instructions for the grated gruyere listed in the ingredients. It should be sprinkled over the filling before the potato topping is added.
Serves 4

250g piece of trimmed fresh salmon
250g trimmed fresh white fish (haddock, cod, pollack etc.)
150g cooked mussels, out of their shells
1 bunch of baby leeks, blanched and cut into 1in-long batons
125g grated Gruyere
400ml fish velouté, (see below)
Mashed potatoes (see below)
3 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
7g unsalted butter
250ml white wine
250ml Noilly Prat (dry vermouth)
½ litre fish stock
½ litre double cream

1 Cook the shallots in the butter until soft, without any colour.
2 Deglaze the pan ( to dislodge any flavoursome brown bits stuck to the pan sides from the sauteing) with the white wine and Noilly Prat. Boil and reduce to a syrup.

3 Add the fish stock, boil again and reduce by half.

4 Add the double cream, return to the boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes to reduce to a coating consistency.

5 Pass through a fine sieve. Chill and cover with clingfilm if not using immediately.

To make mashed potato:

100g soft unsalted butter
Salt and freshly ground white pepper

1 Peel the potatoes and cut them into evenly sized pieces. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, bring to the boil and gently simmer until tender.

2 Drain the potatoes in a colander and leave them to stand in a warm place for five minutes to ensure that all the water has drained away. Pass them through a vegetable moulis or mash well with a masher or fork, and then pass the puree through a fine drum sieve to produce a lump-free, smooth puree. This process needs to be done quite quickly while the potato is still warm.

3 Return the pureed potato to a clean pan. Slowly beat in the soft butter and season with salt and pepper.

To make the fish pie:

1 Prepare the mashed potato and keep hot until needed.

2 Trim the pieces of fish, ensuring that any skin, bones and the brown bloodlines have been removed. Cut the fish into evenly sized pieces. Check the mussels are clean and free from any beards.

3 Preheat your oven to 180C. Heat the fish velouté in a wide, shallow pan; gently poach the pieces of fish in the velouté until just cooked through. Remove from the pan and place in a pie dish. Drop the cooked mussels into the pan, with the batons of leek, and heat for a minute. Season to taste. Add the mussels, leeks and velouté to the pie dish. Everything should still be hot.

4 Put the potato into a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Carefully pipe an even layer over the surface of each pie (or spread with a fork if preferred). Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until piping hot in the centre and the top of the potato has started to turn brown. The top can be coloured further if you like by placing under a hot grill for a few seconds.

5 Serve immediately.

x

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070916160300AA6ohAs

lol yep! we found the same page lol

x

That's the one!!! Thanks !!!!!!!:happydance:

It's the sauce I didn't know how to make, and that's so easy.:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads