• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not many good reactions, WDYT of the name

ChezTunes

Mummy to Elsa & Dexter :)
Reaction score
Dexter

We've mainly had bad responses to it. Now it's making me feel guilty for wanting to name our child this. DF and I love it... Two of my best friends laughed at the name and DF's mum said "you can't name a kid that!" :cry:

I'm just not a fan of naming my children a name that they share with a number of their (future) classmates/friends. :shrug:

Do you think a child would get bullied for being called Dexter? What is your honest opinion on the name?

I love it! And Dex for short! :thumbup: Never mind what anyone else thinks although its easy to be put off a name by other people's opinions. This is why I've never told anyone our babies names before they were born and I really don't know why people are so rude about other's baby name choices. :flower:

I love it! It makes me think of Dexter Morgan from 'Dexter' (tv programme).
xx

I've just noticed you've got my absolute favourite girls name too, so you've obviously got amazing taste in names!:haha:

Ps, Dexter is not a name that's gonna be bullied! :thumbup:

I love it. One of my friend's called her son this, he is Dex for short. I can't see it being an obvious bullying target, children are called so many different things nowadays anyway.

I love it! It makes me think of Dexter Morgan from 'Dexter' (tv programme).
xx

DF actually wants to name him Dexter Morgan after the show! :haha: He will be Dexter John. John after Daddy. The name started out as a nickname, as we do watch and love the show!! Then we actually fell in love with it and I can't see him being anything else now... :cloud9:

I've just noticed you've got my absolute favourite girls name too, so you've obviously got amazing taste in names!:haha:

Ps, Dexter is not a name that's gonna be bullied! :thumbup:

Thanks! :flower:

Elsa Robyn is named after my mother's parents, Elsie & Robert. :cloud9:

Dexter was definately on my boys list.
Alas, I am having a 3rd girl, so I will never get to use it.

Good taste:winkwink:, my eldest is Robyn!

If you're naming him after Dexter then don't worry - that would be the only negative I could think of!

Love love love it! :D I'd put it on my list but I don't think my OH would be too keen! :-(

there was a boy at school with me i fancied the pants of called Dexter

i love it!!! Its cute yet will be a good name when older!

I really like it too. I really can't see why anyone would get bullied because of the name at all. x

Not one of my favourites, but you obviously like the name a lot so go for it! :thumbup:

Not for me, but I think its an association thing - my best friend had a dog called Dexter. But I've heard of a few people naming their little ones this recently (where I live) so I don't think bullying would be an issue :) xx

I don't know why I'm even holding back. I guess it's because we had no bad reactions to DD's name, so we never had this problem... We love the name just as much as we love her name so I think we will go for it. I just don't want to feel guilty when he's here if people are still saying horrible things!

Thank you all for your replies! :flow:

If you love it, thats all that matters :) When I was having DD, the bump actually had her name (we weren't going to call her that) and my mother said 'you can't call her that' and when she was born, the name just fitted! and thats the only thing she could have been really :) xx

Not for me, but I think its an association thing - my best friend had a dog called Dexter. But I've heard of a few people naming their little ones this recently (where I live) so I don't think bullying would be an issue :) xx

This is what I thought at first, so it's funny you should say that... I know of one family who had a dog called Dexter but when I mentioned this to my mom and DF, they had never heard of a dog called Dexter so couldn't see where I was coming from. Names like Max, Milo, Jack and Oliver have become popular and I know a lot of pets named those names. I guess these days people just name their pets the names they like and they aren't usual "dog names" like Rover or something anymore. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->