Not many good reactions, WDYT of the name

Yeah my name is Lucy... and have heard quite a few people in the park shouting of their dog called Lucy :rofl: xx

When I told people my son was going to be called dexter I did get some funny reactions.

But he's 4 now and when people near his name they always compliment it :)

When I told people my son was going to be called dexter I did get some funny reactions.

But he's 4 now and when people near his name they always compliment it :)

I have actually had some compliments too... It only bothers me when close family and friends give their negative opinion (when not asked,) as I now know what they really think before he's even here and it made me think "will he get bullied?" Over a name we chose for him.

Thats the exact reason were keeping our baby's name to ourselves until it's born - people are less open mouthed about a name if the baby is there right in front of them :) xx

I think the name Dexter is unusual, but i like unusual names! :winkwink: I say just ignore the people who dont want you to call you son Dexter and just go for it! My son is called Harley and when i told my mum the name i had chosen, she moaned and said it didnt sound right, also one of my friends said "oh you cant call him that". Yes i can - and i did! Funnily enough none said anything about it after he was born and now people say he suits his name and they like it!

Love it!

Leo might have been a Dexter x

Dexter is a great name, I don't see why someone would be bullied for being called Dexter, it's such a cute name!

I think it's a lovely name and I can't see why he would be picked on for it at all.

Whatever you decide to name your baby there will be some people who don't like it and are full of criticism - one of the reasons we have decided not to tell family/friends our choices. We figure if they don't like the names once the baby is born they at least might keep their opinions to themselves. I wouldn't let it put you off.

:flower:

I really like Dexter but OH wont let me use it :(

Am I missing something? Why would he get bullied for being called Dexter? It's an actual name, not surging that you've made up :shrug: the name is five, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I llooved Dexter! Our DS was Dexter right up until he was born but EVERYONE hated it so we changed it to Alexander. That is something i will always regret because as much as i love the name Alexander, he just suits Dexter so much more and now the majority of my family agree with me too! :(

Am I missing something? Why would he get bullied for being called Dexter? It's an actual name, not surging that you've made up :shrug: the name is five, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Just because of the reactions I've had. Laughing or insulting the name. Those are adults so I was scared kids would find it silly too... :shrug:

We're going for it though. I think it just upset me and I had a touch of cold feet after what MIL said, but I'm over it now. He IS Dexter! :cloud9:

I llooved Dexter! Our DS was Dexter right up until he was born but EVERYONE hated it so we changed it to Alexander. That is something i will always regret because as much as i love the name Alexander, he just suits Dexter so much more and now the majority of my family agree with me too! :(

Alexander is also one of my all time faves! I love it, but DF has too many in his family already, including his brother and mum's fiance. If I have another boy in the future, his middle name will be Alexander. No questions! :winkwink:

Shame you didn't use Dexter when you wanted to though. We've got our heart set on it, he IS Dexter! :cloud9:

Good on you! There's really nothing wrong with that name, does my head in when people close to you are so derisive when it comes to names.

I love it and am trying to get it on the boys list for us, OH isn't a fan though so I've got some work to do.

I like Dexter! You should name him that regardless if what your close family/friends say. It may hurt your feelings now hearing their opinions, but they will get used to it, and you will never mind them.

I've had the same reaction when I was pregnant with Zoey. My parents didn't like it - they tried convincing me to name her a name they liked. But I named her Zoey anyway.
With my next child, if I have a son, I would love to name him Darwin. I know my family and friends will hate it, but whatever. They're gonna have to live with it.

Dexter is getting popular again now (not too popular at all so don't worry!) but certainly is on a lot of people's shortlists, I know it is on mine! I really like it.

My favourite boy's name is Caspar and I keep getting grief about it but TOUGH! It is a real, proper name and unusual and they can just all get used to it if we pick it! I love Dexter for the same reasons.

Please please go with your heart and not be put off by other people, I know so many people who have changed because of family and friends and really regretted it. xx

Dexter is getting popular again now (not too popular at all so don't worry!) but certainly is on a lot of people's shortlists, I know it is on mine! I really like it.

My favourite boy's name is Caspar and I keep getting grief about it but TOUGH! It is a real, proper name and unusual and they can just all get used to it if we pick it! I love Dexter for the same reasons.

Please please go with your heart and not be put off by other people, I know so many people who have changed because of family and friends and really regretted it. xx

I like Caspar too! I like uncommon names that still sound good. I know many people don't like it because ofits association with Casper the ghost but the name itself is really nice if people could surpass the ghost hehe. I also love the boy name Caspian, a prince character in the book "Chronicles of Narnia".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->