Not ovulating?

gaby

Married, but not ttc
Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm not technically TTC right now (not exactly preventing either) but I'm kinda worried about the future.

Ok, first off i feel bad posting this when i haven't exactly been active on the forum lately, but i have NO female friends or family i can talk to about this (my family would probably eat me alive if they found out i stopped taking the pill and my friends either dont talk to me anymore or, well, they're like 19, wouldnt have any advice anyway)

So, right... I came off the pill back in december, had the usual bleed you get on your week off the pill, then no preiod until february.

Since febrary I havent had a period, so i went to the doctors and had a blood test. Got the results back last wednesday and everything was fine except my progesterone, which was low. The doctor said this most likely meant I'm not ovulating.

I have a gynocology appointment at the hospital 27th Sept, which my dr made before we even got the blood test results back so its not too far off. What can I expect? I dont have a clue about anything like this because my mum's never given me any kind of talk about woman stuff. Most she ever did was tell me to start taking pads to school with me years to early and tell me what to take for period pains.

I was so hoping my LH or FSH would be the problem because then i'd have been told it was stress related which is fixable.

What can cause ovulation to stop? Dr didnt think it would be PCOS because my period were regular because i went on the pill, and he didnt think it was because i've jsut recently come off the pill because I've had a period since.

Guess I'm just kinda worried :( I know it could probably be nothing but this has kinda really upset me and made me start thinking things like what if i cant have children. I know its a stupid thing to think, but i have anxiety and always ALWAYS think the worst, even when i know its probably not.

Thanks for any advice you can give :hugs:

Sorry if there's lots of typos :blush: my typing skills seem to have got worse lately, lol.

I'm preety sure people who have been diagnosed (sp) with PCOS etc have previously had ok period cycles. Not sure though.

I have no idea about the pill although I have seen people say its taken some time after stopping to fall pg even a year+

If you really want to find out about your body & ovulation I would recommend charting hun tbh. x

You do chart actually ... How did that go? I can only see one chart :D

Hiya

Low Progesterone levels can be treated - so don't panic on that front! - Progesterone injections, pills, and suppositories are some of the ways Doctors may prescribe to increase this hormone.

Progesterone is also an important hormone within our cycle. Progesterone ensures that all maturing eggs are not released, it thickens the uterine lining, and causes the fertile signs - dip and temp, egg white cervical mucus, and high cervical position to return to a non fertile state.

As far as identifying Low Progesterone levels go, you can see it if you chart. You would notice temps close to, on or below coverline after ovulation through the end of a cycle.

If I were you I would try not to worry until you have had your appointment and know more about whats causing the problem. Just remember its treatable!

I stop charting quite a while ago wobbs. I found it was stressing me out a bit, lol.

Thank Rachie :) Glad to know its so treatable ^_^ Yeah, I think I'll try to forget about it til my appointment, seems like the best thing to do.

Going to Ireland for 4 days on the 18th so that should help me relax :D

Have a FAB time I loveeee Ireland :D

:hugs:Sorry I have no advice hun, but I wanted to wish you good luck at your Dr Apt. and Have fun in Ireland:hugs:

Thanks Wobb, Suz ^_^ I've never been to Ireland before

Gonna go see some dolphins!!! YAY! And horse riding I hope. And walking around the local park (its huge)

cant wait, just 1 week :D Bet i'm gonna forget something, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->