not pcos...

xMrs_Hx

Reaction score
Hello ladies

Stopped taking cerazette in sept 2012 and since then my periods have been almost non existent! I've had 2 or 3 periods in that whole time. Before Xmas I went for a scan and had bloods taken for pcos but my DR said it was negative and I don't have pcos.
I have just finished a period but who knows when the next one will come! Anyone know what it could be? I am quite overweight so can that cause it?
Feeling so down and alone :( please help xx

I was overweight and that definitely cause my hormones to go out of whack. It seems it all comes back to hormones and too much of one and not enough of another seems to be a big issue for those of us who have irregular cycles. There are a few things I've read about on here that women have tried-some with success more than others. Vitex, maca, soy isoflavones, and red raspberry leaf tea to name a few. I tried all of the above and only had success with vitex. It is from the chasteberry bush and is the main ingredient in several fertility supplements such as fertilaid, fertile tea, fertility blend and so forth.

Losing weight does help for sure but in the meantime you can research some of these options. I would chart your bbt and maybe try vitex first (of course I'm partial) and also use opks to better predict your fertile times. Vitex doesn't mimic any hormones but it stimulates your hormone producing glands to regulate and balance themselves naturally. It took me 3 weeks or more to ovulate until I started taking it and it had an impact for me right away. That is actually why I started using opks and charting because I missed it the first month because it came so quick! Good luck and holler if you have anymore questions.

pandi77 what dose of vitex did you take?
Also, did you take JUST vitex or a blend?

Lastly, how long after vitex did you ovulate?
were you before?

Thanks pandi. I am seriously committed to losing the weight now as I know its best in the long run. I will look into the vitex, I don't know much about it so will definitely do some research. Good luck with the pregnancy, glad to see someone with similar issues to me getting a bfp! If only I could make my periods at least a bit more regular!

pandi77 what dose of vitex did you take?
Also, did you take JUST vitex or a blend?

Lastly, how long after vitex did you ovulate?
were you before?

I took 1 Vitex by Nature's Way 400 mg tables twice a day (throughout my cycle) for a total of 800 mg a day. Some women take 3 pills a day for 1,200 mg per day but the first month on 800 mg I ovulated on cd 14 so I figured 800 mg was enough to do the job for me. It would take 3-4 weeks to ovulate before and that was assuming I ovulated at all. I had several annovulatory cycles where I didn't actually ovulate and what bleeding I got on cd 40-50 was breakthrough bleeding and not an actual period:nope: Again I would have thought I just had really long cycles if I hadn't started opk's and charting to see what was going on in my crazy body lol.

For the record I started getting bfp's within 3 cycles of trying but I had a serious luteal phase defect and it was only 8 days when I started ttc so we lost a few babies very early on. Vitex did help to lengthen it but I started progesterone cream after O and until AF and got my LP to 14 days quickly and finally got a sticky bean as I didn't want to wait several cycles for vitex to get me to 14 days.

Thank you for answering that!!!

Do you think i should be going on progesterone cream too?

I have been on vitex for only a short time 8 days but my temps seem like they are going up. I have no idea what that means though?

Thank you for answering that!!!

Do you think i should be going on progesterone cream too?

I have been on vitex for only a short time 8 days but my temps seem like they are going up. I have no idea what that means though?

Do you know how long your luteal phase is hun? If it is on the shorter side, you get spotting for a couple of days before af, or you find your post O temps to be going below the coverline more than once progesterone cream could help you. All of those issues I mentioned can be sign of low progesterone after O and they can hurt your chance getting a fertilized egg to attach and stay put. Keep in mind if you do get a bfp you must not quit the cream until your out of first trimester (this per my doctor) unless of course they prescribe a progesterone supplement which you would take instead.

Thank you so much again!
My cycles are SUPER messed up because I was sick a while back.

I am healthy now but they have yet to return to normal.

I do spot and I was also told my prolactin levels were high.

Do you think the cream would help or could it potentially keep me from O'ing (even though I am not ovulating now)
Can it be used with Vitex?

I had the exact same thing after I came off the pill when TTC my LO. My cycles were all over the place-55 days, 29 days, 80 days. I was being investigated for PCOS but it was never determined as I fell pregnant before I could get my referral for a scan! I temped, used opks (hundreds of them!), took vitamin b6 as my luteal phase was short and also took chromium. I know that if i hadn't temped and used opks it would have taken much longer as i had no idea when i was ovulating as my cycles were a mess. Unfortunately I had a couple of miscarriages but then conceived my LO-it took a year but we got there in the end.
Whilst weight can be an issue, it could be that your body needs more time to adjust hormone levels after coming off the pill. I would recommend some method of tracking ovulation in the meantime so you can time BD during ovulation.

Good luck xx

You may also consider red raspberry leaf tea during the follicular phase only.

I have been drinking this.
What is the follicular phase?

Before ovulation. RRL is sometimes said to cause miscarriage, so some women prefer not to take it after ovulation in case they have gotten pregnant. It is a great herb to help GET you to ovulation, though! I have two teas: one for follicular (before O) and one for luteal (after O). Herbs that might cause uterine cramps I don't include in the post O mix.

There's also PLENTY of evidence that RRL does not cause miscarriage and can, in fact, prevent it. So do your research and decide for yourself!

what is chromium?

I took it as there was a possibly that I had PCOS. My hormone reading suggested it and I had some cysts. They weren't sure though. I decided to take this anyway, just in case. Here is the information....

Chromium is an extremely important mineral if you have PCOS. It helps to encourage the formation of glucose tolerance factor (GTF) which is a substance released by the liver and required to make insulin more efficient. A deficiency of chromium can lead to insulin resistance, which is a key problem in the case of PCOS; too much insulin can be circulating but it is unable to control your blood sugar (glucose) levels.

Before ovulation. RRL is sometimes said to cause miscarriage, so some women prefer not to take it after ovulation in case they have gotten pregnant. It is a great herb to help GET you to ovulation, though! I have two teas: one for follicular (before O) and one for luteal (after O). Herbs that might cause uterine cramps I don't include in the post O mix.

What teas do you use?
Did you o before taking this?

Thank you!

Thank you so much again!
My cycles are SUPER messed up because I was sick a while back.

I am healthy now but they have yet to return to normal.

I do spot and I was also told my prolactin levels were high.

Do you think the cream would help or could it potentially keep me from O'ing (even though I am not ovulating now)
Can it be used with Vitex?

The cream is supposed to be started 2 days after O is confirmed until AF comes. You should not use it during your follicular phase or yes it could prevent or delay O. Spotting during your luteal phase could be progesterone related but spotting during O is considered quite healthy so be sure to chart your bbt so you know exactly when to start progesterone cream if you opt to go down that path and good luck!

Thank you so much!
I hope I am as lucky as you soon!

H&H pregnancy to you!

:hugs:

Thank you so much!
I hope I am as lucky as you soon!

H&H pregnancy to you!

:hugs:

Thanks hun...some luck and a lot of patience is needed! This baby girl was years in the making so be consistent and patient and I hope you get your sticky bean too!

Thank you tons!
I will try and relax. Its so hard.

I do think I already see vitex effecting my temps!
They look more steady to me I think. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->