not ready?

cjvjc

Reaction score
I have 3 beautiful boys ages (8,5,3) my two youngest have had special needs and this pregnancy has been a surprise and shock to both my husband and I. We had been discussing vasectomies and deciding if we were truly done having kids and if we should since our youngest have had developmental issues. So I'm feeling guilty? I don't if that's the right word. It's taken us a bit to wrap our heads around it all. I'm just not in that 'baby' frame of mind I guess (since we had been discussing being done having babies). Is anyone else in a similar boat? Of course, I am happy to be pregnant and would be over the moon for a girl :) but I just seem to be in a weird head space right now.

Yes! And my child does not have any issues. And I only have one! So I dont blame you at all for feeling that way. Im happy too but scared and not sure if I am as ready as I thought.

I'm not where near ready for number two.

My DD is only three months old and she was born premature. She has a couple health issues.

Sure, I love the little poopy seed growing but I'm so scared and not ready at all.

I'm still going "omg, I'm pregnant again..." lol

I feel the same way. DH and I were completely thrown through a loop with this one, I feel like I just got "done" being pregnant.

I used to work with people with developmental disabilities and I know how challenging it can be but it is also very rewarding. Having another baby will be hard but don't feel guilty! Your kids are going to grow up to be some of the most caring and sensitive people because they will know to treat everyone with respect regardless of their situation. And we need more people like that!:hugs:

Just lurking, but ajlj1126, I just wanted to say I loved what you have written here.. so true:

"Your kids are going to grow up to be some of the most caring and sensitive people because they will know to treat everyone with respect regardless of their situation. And we need more people like that!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->