• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not settling in big bed

lau86

Reaction score
I put my daughter who is just turned two in a single bed with the side on, but she never settled and kept getting out, standing at the door shouting mummy. When I went to her she would say 'mummy sleep with me' but she still didn't settle. I think she was scared but couldn't communicate that. She's back in her cot now and has gone down really well tonight, in fact as I was putting her to bed she said 'I don't need to get out of my cot' and went straight to sleep. Has anyone else's child been like this and how long did you leave it before putting them back in a bed?

Did you only try the big bed once? It will always take time for them to get used to a new situation. If it were me I would persist and I would take the cot down so she had no other option!

That said, she won’t be in a cot when she’s 13, so if you decide to delay putting her in the big bed it is truly no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I still vote for carrying in with the big bed though.

It was about three weeks she was in it?

Sorry if my post sounded weird. I honestly just read your post wrong and thought you meant you only tried it once!

Maybe she’s just not ready yet. You could try in another couple of months. It depends how much you want her to be in the bed already. One day she’ll probably just choose the bed instead. I leaned towards the big bed so much in my post because both of my kids slept better once they were out of the cot, but I know so many kids sleep better in the cot.

Some kids take time to adjust and really if she sleeps then I wouldn't worry where it is. My 4 year old took forever to get used to her own bed (even has a bed next to mine as she hates being on her own so much since coming out her cot) My 2 year old on the other hand came out if his cot one day, straight in to his new bed and has slept in it since. Leave it built in her room so she can see its not scary, try reading stories during the day and having snuggles in it but dont push the issue. She will take to it one day when she's ready, she's still little yet x

My friends little girl is the same age as my dd3 (3) and she still sleeps in her cot. She loves it and sleeps well so my friend is quite happy leave her there, and I would be too

If she's happy in the cot then I would just leave her be. My DD will be two in a couple of weeks and she is still in hers and we have no plans of moving her anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->