Not sure if I should be posting here?!

Cuffy

Mum to 1 Expecting Twins
Reaction score
Firstly if I'm posting in the wrong place-sorry I just need somewhere to start.

I had my twins at 36+5 based on the dates of conception. My little girl was bigger yet had more issues with blood sugar due to gd. My little boy held his own with blood sugars but since we have got home I'm getting more & more concerned he has very little fat on him and is very very floppy he will startle when handled he sleeps 90% of the day which I've put down to jaundice. He is a good eater and will move his limbs voluntarily when laid down on the play mat. Has anyone else felt that baby is just too floppy? Where do I start with him? Who do I ask for help? Thanks in advance!

most early preemies are the opposite actually, a bit `stiff`because they lie flat for weeks instead of being curled up in the uterus. Don`t know for later preemies though. Perhaps bring him in for a follow-up? Sorry I can`t help much... and of course you can post here, the moms are awesome :hugs:

Hi, I'm not sure if you're in the UK? I would contact your community midwife or health visitor and ask their advice. From what I remember newborns do have a 'startle' reflex, not sure about the floppiness though.

Congrats by the way!

you could ask your dr to be recommended to the early childhood people. I live in texas and we have it here. They come to the house, eval and see if you need speech or physical therapy due to being early. If they decide that you need help they set up a schedule and come to the house to provide it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->