Not sure if I should call L&D

MumMumMum

Mummy to two girls x
Reaction score
Since walking round the supermarket yesterday evening I've had some intense pain in my lower back and down low when walking.

I had a bath last night and it wore off for a bit but was back in the night but I just went back to sleep.

I woke up with DD1 but stayed in bed. Since 9am they've been regular, even if I'm sitting down or laying on the bed. I'm now timing them on a phone app.

They seem more painful and regular than I've had before. There's also a pressure feeling going on and I've had a headache last night and this morning, as well as feeling sick on and off.

Could this be the start of something? My MW told me not to hang around when it does start as my induced labour was quick and I am high risk for blood loss between delivering baby and placenta. I'm not sure if I should call in case or if they will just dismiss it.

You should just call them to let them know something is happening, cant hurt!

I'd absolutely call. Better safe than sorry x

3 in 15 mins. About 60-90 secs each. Think I might need to call!

I've just called. As I don't sound uncomfortable on the phone they said give it an hour and then call back - unless my waters go or there's any bleeding before then.

Hmmm.... I'm not the sort to make a load of noise on the phone. I did explain that I didn't even notice them last time until the drip started but apparently that's normal with induction.

We'll see. I'll call back about 1 and then I have my midwife appointment at 2.15 anyway if nothing happens.

They told my sister the same thing because she didnt sound uncomfortable. Her bf insisted he was taking her in regardless and she was 8.5cm! Some women are just lucky :haha:
At least you have the mw this afternoon!
Good luck :thumbup:

They told my sister the same thing because she didnt sound uncomfortable. Her bf insisted he was taking her in regardless and she was 8.5cm! Some women are just lucky :haha:
At least you have the mw this afternoon!
Good luck :thumbup:

Really?! If they keep up then maybe I should do the same thing. My MW is quite upfront so i'll see what she says.

Hmm, I dislike that thinking that says you have to be panting and wailing on the phone to be in labour, I barely made a noise throughout mine!

Keep timing them but they're sounding regular and like they're building up. Good luck!

I also hate when doctors try to tell women whats going on with their own bodies! When it truly is time, I think a woman can sort of feel it! I'd call again soon hun if the pain doesn't stop or keeps progressing!

I was sent home from hospital with my second 'as I wasn't in enough pain for established labour' got home and my waters went, straight back up the hospital and he slid out! Go with your instinct and let us know x

It's all stopped. Booo!

Thanks for your help ladies. Hopefully something will happen soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->