not sure if I should post here or elsewhere?

The doctor told me solids are not neccessary before twelve months...breastmilk or formula being their MAIN source of nutrition during the first year...giving solids before that is just to get them used to differents tastes and textures...so i really wouldnt stress about it, especually since your lo is only three months! Water is def not necessary...breast milk is enough of a source of hydration:):)

This link may help your oh understand things a bit better

https://kellymom.com/nutrition/starting-solids/solids-when/

I know it's hard when family are being judgy about your choices but if they are being like that then I would simply say I am baby's mother and I believe this is right for them, and then leave it at that. It's not up to anyone else how you raise your child.

This! :thumbup: :thumbup:

The doctor told me solids are not neccessary before twelve months...breastmilk or formula being their MAIN source of nutrition during the first year...giving solids before that is just to get them used to differents tastes and textures...so i really wouldnt stress about it/QUOTE]

Although milk will still make up a large proportion of a babies diet between 6 and 12 months... There are other benefits to weaning according to the literature I've read!

Just going by what my doctor said!:thumbup:
Buttt i agree that giving iron fortified baby cereal is a good idea:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->