• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Not sure if this is a complication...

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
During my last pregnancy, I had a few complications but thankfully they all had a good outcome, SCH and low lying placenta both of which caused bleeding that finally stopped at 16 weeks.

Then at 31+ weeks I got up from bed in the morning and was surprised to feel like I was...leaking. It was odorless and gushed down my legs to the floor and started having pains...I wouldn't call them actual contractions but they were quite painful BH probably. I had an already scheduled appointment that day and didn't leave immediately for it...had a shower first which calmed down the pains. At the clinic they did a CTG that picked no contractions and DD was ok. They did the ferning test and nothing...checked for vaginal infections...nothing. No explanation. I really don't think it was urine as it didn't smell like it, early morning urine would have a strong odor and color (at least that's how it is for me anyway).

I had weekly CTG since and then at 40+6 weeks I was induced for oligohydramnios. I don't remember what my API was...and my OB did not make it seem like it was urgent, more like it could make a vaginal delivery a bit more complicated if I waited so I accepted. I'm not suggesting a relation between having low fluid past 40 weeks and what I thought could have been a rupture in my waters. But I do wonder what other explanation there is? Vaginal discharge? I've never had discharge that's so fluid and watery, and so much that it would gush down my legs?

There is a reason I'm asking if anyone has any ideas...but I don't think I should prolong this topic more. Wondering if I should mentioned it to my current (different) OB? Thank you for reading.

I would definitely mention it to my doctor. Also, if anything similar happens again, try and get a sample rather than washing away all the 'evidence' so that it can be tested for amniotic fluid. Hopefully, though, this pregnancy will be more uneventful :hugs:

it probably was your waters hun! I had this happen.. i went in because i thought my waters went and was told no youv just peed yourself.

when i was induced at 40+6 they did it by breaking my waters.. but there was only a tiny bit left! the guy looked at me and said "are you sure your waters havent already gone?!"

xx

Thank you ladies. I did wonder if it was possible to have been my waters and will definitely mention it to my current ob. Thanks and I do hope this pregnancy is less eventful than that one.

sethsmummy I'm sorry they dismissed you when you went in thinking it was your waters!

fx you have a nice uneventful pregnancy hun.

I was taken in a few days after that incident and was in for 2 days but they still didnt think it had been my waters. But my care the whole pregnancy and afterwards was just shocking and the hospital was later put under special measures. Thankfully i moved before having ds2 and this hospital is much better :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->