Not sure I'm gaining enough weight?!

WDWJess

Pregnant with 4th!
Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if anybody else feels like they are not gaining enough weight whilst pregnant?

Pre pregnancy I weighed 9 stone exactly. I lost 6lbs during first tri and up to 17 weeksdue to loss of appetite and the odd bit of ms. Now at almost 23 weeks I weigh 9st3. Which I guess means I have put on 9lbs, is that enough at this stage?

To look at you'd think I've put on a couple of stone but it is just in my bump I don't seem to have put any weight on anywhere else.

Would love anybody else's opinion on this. Just worried I'm not providing enough for baby and my appetite is starting to slow down again now as I just feel too bloated and uncomfortable if I eat too much!

I lost 20lbs 6 months prego (and I was skinny to begin with). you could see my ribs and all. i had NO bump. no one even knew i was prego. i didnt eat and i was sick moring, noon and night the whole nine months, but my last week i gained 10-15 lbs (in ONE WEEK). and my daughter weighed 6 and a half lbs. she had a heart murmur but other than that she was perfectly healthy, if your OB isnt worried (they measure the growth of the baby) i wouldnt be too worried.

Baby seemed to be measuring fine at my 20 week scan, don't have another appointment til 28 weeks now, just seems a long time?! I've already got a huge bump, bigger than I was at this stage last time and he weighed 8lbs 10ozs! Just not sure why my weight hasn't increased since I put my 6lbs back on?!

I lost 10 or 20 pounds while pregnant, I forgot how much. I did not have much morning sickness… some but not enough to explain that weight loss. I was starving all the time though and didn't eat a lot at work. I gradually gained it all back and just ended up right back at my beginning weight and had an 8 lb overdue baby! He's perfectly healthy. The doctor was never concerned. I wasn't too skinny to start with though...

Edit: I think it was 20 lb I lost. I looked huge anyway :(

I am 12-13 weeks and hav gained 3 lbs. i have little to no appetite and its getting worse. I get sick everyday, i think my weight is fine but i am so tired of feeling so crap all the time. Its really hard, and it physically hurts to vomit! �� didnt have this with my daughter so was not prepared....

I am 12-13 weeks and hav gained 3 lbs. i have little to no appetite and its getting worse. I get sick everyday, i think my weight is fine but i am so tired of feeling so crap all the time. Its really hard, and it physically hurts to vomit! �� didnt have this with my daughter so was not prepared....

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time. Hope it gets better for you soon. :hugs:

Thanks so much �� do you think if that my appetite will return or is this likely to be an on going thing. Just looking for some divine inspiration haha. Iv just had breakfast( cereal) so im waiting to see how things go now

Thanks so much �� do you think if that my appetite will return or is this likely to be an on going thing. Just looking for some divine inspiration haha. Iv just had breakfast( cereal) so im waiting to see how things go now

I'm sure your appetite will return soon. I had no appetite until week 14 with my son, it took a bit longer this time round but I had morning sickness too.

I wouldn't be too worried if they have checked your weight and nothing has concerned them. I'm actually afraid I'm gaining too much too quick lol

I wouldn't be too worried if they have checked your weight and nothing has concerned them. I'm actually afraid I'm gaining too much too quick lol

My weight hasn't been checked since i was first weighed at 10 weeks which is why I was concerned. I'm not particularly concerned now. I seem to be gaining at least 1lb a week now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->