Not sure what is more important

Ktktkate

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time deciding what the most important factors in deciding when to start ttc.

I'm 26, married, and dh and I have stable jobs and good income and savings. I just started a new job in January and the probation period was a year meaning I could be let go without warning before next January. I hope that isn't going to happen but it's always possible. I would love to start ttc now but I'm scared it might be too soon with the new job. I don't think they would appreciate having to hire a replacement for me only a year after I started. So that's one con with ttc now. But also, I have very irregular periods with some ovary cysts so I'm scared it may take a while to get pregnant after we start trying. So that's a pro for ttc now. Also both hubby and I would like a baby before 30. Dh isn't rushing to start ttc but I feel like if I said let's stop not trying that he would be okay with it. I'm just not sure which way I should be leaning towards. Since my ovulation is so rare I would be good with catching the next one but I realize I have to be prepared that it could happen sooner than expected.

Does anyone what have a similar problem of when to start? It's hard to know what's most important in life and what risks are worth taking.

speaking as an employer your employer would be taking their life in their hands letting you go because of a pregnancy - even if they give another reason it would be foolish.

Personally I have always been of the opinion do what feels right - somewhere you know whats for the best so just pick what makes you simle when you get up in the morning:cloud9:

If I were you I'd wait until January. If you aren't already getting bad vibes from your employer I think it's unlikely you won't pass probation, but as you say you never know and I think it's important to have that security before TTC if possible. January isn't far away and still gives you plenty of time before you hit 30. Good luck whatever you decide! :flower:

I'd wait until your probationary period is up. My friend decided to let her employer know that she was pregnant with a month left in her probationary period and just days later they gave her some BS excuse to let her go. It would be much, much harder to fire you due to pregnancy once your probation is up. So I would waist just to be safe.

Thanks for all the replies. The job had been going well and my 6th month review was good. I think part of my concern is just feeling guilty leaving so soon after I got hired. Part of me is also scared that it would be easier for them to give another excuse for firing me while I was in probation. I would hope they wouldn't and it would be highly illegal but it's still scary. I like the idea of doing what makes me smile. But maybe I should hold off for at least a couple more months. I'm certain it's going to take me 6 months or more to conceive because I ovulate so irregularly but it's not consistent so it's hard to plan. Oh well. It'll happen when I it's right.

You don't have to tell your employers straight away. In fact, you can keep it secret until 25 weeks although you might be showing by then

I'd just start ntnp, I was "made redundant" from a fixed term contract job on maternity leave and got 6k in compensation without even getting as far as tribunal... a good employer won't get rid of you for being pregnant and they should know they can't do it legally.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->