Not sure what to do...

JamieRose

Reaction score
I have always wanted a baby it has been my one dream in life to be a mom. I've known since I was twelve that I wanted to be a mom and since I was sixteen I've been researching everything I can about pregnancy and babies. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I really want to have a baby in the next two years... I'm 19 right now. I don't know how to bring it up to my boyfriend, he knows I want kids but we just got back together recently and he has mentioned having a baby with me a few times but idk how to tell him I've been ready for two years and just waiting for the right guy to come alone.

I see where your coming from being ready (I've been ready for 4 years!) but you have to wait for a time that your parter will be ready to, it's so hard but without you both being 100% ready it could cause problems in your relationship
I think the best thing you can do is talk to him, just put it out there and see how he reacts, you never know he might be feeling the same way!

Just read your other post aswell, I think everyone has things that makes them worry they won't be able to have a baby but I just think there's no point worrying so much about something now that might not even be a problem in the future!

Good luck with everything :flower:

I know where you are coming from! I first started coming here when I was 19, I'm now just turned 22. I think you should talk to him, see how he feels and take it from there. And there are loads of lovely ladies here to give you some support when you need it!

I know he wants a baby and he knows I do as well, he's known that I wanted to be a mom since he meet me when I was 14 lol and he's brand it up a few times in the last month just things like, names he'd like, or we will see something on tv for babies and he'll ask my opinion on the item. And there was one night he though I wasn't paying attention, or that I was already asleep and he said that he can't wait to have a baby with me. Then I ask what he wants in the next three to five years and there's no baby in the answer.

I actually think he is scared that I'll run if he tells me he want to be a dad soon, this is our third time being in a relationship we had one when I was 14 and one when I was 16 each time we broke up because on of us was more mature then the other. But this time we both understand how communicated is the only way to make things work. And I know he's just as worried about no being able to as I am, if not more.

Part of responsibly having a child is knowing you're bringing that baby into the best situation possible. I know that "baby fever" is awful and intense, but you need to let your rational side rule over this choice.

You're REALLY young. Do you have a career? a financial means of supporting a child? Your relationship with your partner is slightly rocky, so I would really encourage you to put this baby-making business on hold until you are sure that you have a stable, healthy relationship with the child-to-be's father.

Part of becoming a parent includes putting the needs of the child above yours in many circumstances. It's not fair to your future kids to be born in haste due to your desire to have them.

Don't get me wrong, I know how awful waiting is. I waited for years before we were financially, emotionally, BOTH ready to start a family. I am so very glad we did wait.

I'm just really confused because I'm not quite sure you know how old you are... In this post & others you say you're 19, but in some you say you're 21. Are you trying to assure us you're more mature by lying about your age? If so, I think that honestly answers your question on if you're ready or not.... :hugs:

Part of responsibly having a child is knowing you're bringing that baby into the best situation possible. I know that "baby fever" is awful and intense, but you need to let your rational side rule over this choice.

You're REALLY young. Do you have a career? a financial means of supporting a child? Your relationship with your partner is slightly rocky, so I would really encourage you to put this baby-making business on hold until you are sure that you have a stable, healthy relationship with the child-to-be's father.

Part of becoming a parent includes putting the needs of the child above yours in many circumstances. It's not fair to your future kids to be born in haste due to your desire to have them.

Don't get me wrong, I know how awful waiting is. I waited for years before we were financially, emotionally, BOTH ready to start a family. I am so very glad we did wait.

This! This exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"