not sure what to do

mrsmab

TTC No 1 since Jan 2008
Reaction score
Am not sure what to do so thought I'd ask you girls for some advice.
we've been trying for a baby for about 7 months and not a single sign of success despite the odd scare, just loads of :bfn:! My cycles are 35 days and have been keeping track of ovulation days etc. Do I need to go back to my GP or is it normal to be trying this long? We are both getting quite frustrated as it is something that we want really bad.

Hey mrsmab, I hear that the norm is up to a year. Have u got any other kids? Im ttc my 1st and this is my 5th month / 4th cycle trying and I am not sure on when to see a gp either.

I did read on fertility friend (I think) that if you are trying for several months and no success then you should go to the GP. Might be worthing going and getting checked out to put your mind at rest. Good luck xxx

thanks for the advice girls. we dont have any other children, this will be our first when it happens! x

It depends on your doc really, always worth seeing them to discuss things but in the UK you have to have some other reasons for them to do anything until you have been TTC for a year up to 18months!

hi as said above it does depend on your GP as some are more helpful than others, but as a general guide they say to seek medical advice if
- you've been trying for one year if both under 35 yeas
- you've been trying for 6 months if one or both of you is over 35 or
- trying for six months if you've been tracking your cycle properly for TTC

my gp wouldnt do any thing untill 12 months then after that they just keep saying come nk in3 months

Thanks for that info everyone :)

thanks for the info! Im 21 and when I saw my GP to say I wanted to start trying, she said go ahead and all should be fine and that I should have no problems so think that may be what has got my a little unsure what to do next. Heres to hoping for a BFP soon!

Hi, not sure if this will help you, but when I was TTC #1 I was 27yrs old and my husband was 33yrs. After 7 cycles I went to see the nurse at our surgery (she used to be a midwife so I thought this would be better than a Dr).

Anyway she told me to relax and try out some 'old wives tales' just to make it all a bit more lighthearted and to put my feet up afterwards to get those swimmers going in the right direction.

I tried my best to chill out but its not that easy, so in reality I was probably just as neurotic. My big sister was ttc too with #3 so I felt in competition with her anyway to get in first.

I got that dreaded call to say she was pregnant. I burst into tears when I got off the phone and did the test there and then :bfn: I was completely devastated. That was the Weds as I was due on the Friday. I had all the cramping and gurgling I normally get before :witch: that was the Thurs/Fri but NO :witch:, I thought 'well I already took the test so there is no way I could be :bfp:'.

I waited until the Monday still no :witch:. I had such a bad day at work, completely wiped out, so I went straight to Tesco and took the test. It was a :bfp:! So I guess I am trying to say, just becoming a little more relaxed can make all the difference. If seeing your GP/Practice nurse will help you relax. then you should do it. It worked for me. The very next cycle in fact!

:hugs:

Thankyou so much for the advice girls. I think I'm being a bit paranoid, lots of my friends at work are getting pregnant and think that is what is frustrating and upsetting me more than not being pregnant (if that doesn't sound silly!! 4 of my friends have announced they are pg in the last 3 moths!!!). Its lovely to know Im not the only one that has been like this or is having these things going through my mind!
xx

Hi mrsmab

Unfortunately, it's not normal. I've read (and heard) that it can take a year to get pregnant. Just try to hang in there. I know how impatient you feel. We're only on cycle #3 and I'm very impatient as well. Relax - sometimes we can try too hard.

Good Luck!!

:dust: :dust:

:hug:

This is what more or less happened to me and oh been trying for 2 years in october and had nothing, We went to the docs to see about infertility and they transfered us we were meant to go and see them on the 13th of sep but i got a bfp at the start of sep so i think we chilled out alot more because we didnt want to go for tests etc etc!!and it just happened!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->