Not sure what to think, 4 days late and symptoms but BFN

Dark_Star

Reaction score
(Originally posted in 2ww but it seems more relevant here)

So... I'm 4 days late now. I have had a small amount of breast tenderness and very light pink spotting today. Breast tenderness is not a PMS symptom for me. Yesterday I had sudden nausea after taking a sip of my coffee. I've taken several tests (the last one this morning) and they were all negative.

I had what I suspect were implantation pains on day 19 of my cycle, which is the same date I had implantation pains on when I became pregnant in March. I'm currently on day 28 and have 24-day cycles.

I had a D&C due to a MMC on May 29th and had one normal period since then.

I have no idea what to think, and after experiencing a heartbreaking 12 week loss just a few weeks ago I am a ball of nerves over this, terrified and elated at the same time.

What do you ladies think? Has anyone noticed a significant change in cycle length after a D&C?

I didn't have a D&C but had a chemical pregnancy in my last cycle, and this one has been a lot different. It's been shorter, and I have very sore breasts right now. I am 1-2DPO so not late, but sore breasts is not normal for me.

Breast tenderness is caused by the progesterone that the corpus luteum releases, which is normal in an ovulatory cycle whether or not you conceive. It seems to peak just after ovulation and continues until you get your period, when it drops off and causes your temp to drop etc (sorry if you already know all this, just ignore me).

Maybe sometimes we get more progesterone? As I don't usually get sore breasts, I think the last time I had them was my first miscarriage.

It sounds like you ovulated later than usual to me. Your implantation pains couldn't have been ovulation pains you think? In your 24 day cycle, what day do you usually ovulate? Gosh I'd love to have such a short cycle, mine at usually 40 days or more.

It is possible that the pain on Day 19 was ovulation, it felt like it was in the uterus but some women do have cramps due to the hormones at that time. If that were the case and I did conceive, it would be from BD on day 15... which I guess is unlikely but not impossible. That's 7 days later than my usual O but I didn't do ovulation testing this month so who knows what's going on in there post D&C. I hear women are extra fertile after that procedure so for all I know I could have O'd more than once.

If that were the case then I am 9DPO and this pink certainly could be implantation bleeding and it would be too early to test positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->