Not sure what to think...

Waiting2See27

Reaction score
Sorry for the lengthiness. I just need to explain everything to see if someone might be able to help. I have been on continuous birth control for the last few years. I am on the 3-month kind. When all of my symptoms started I was on the last week of the 1st month of pills.

A week before symptoms started, I took some antibiotics. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on May 30. A few days later, weird things started to happen. On June 2nd or 3rd I started to feel some pinching and pulling sensations in my lower abdomen on my right side. A day or two later my boobs started getting bigger and sore. I had a blood test at the OB 10 days after possible conception, but it came back negative. Since then, I have been nauseated on and off throughout the day. I have also had headaches every afternoon. My breasts continue to get larger and my areolas are larger and darker.

I have Fibromyalgia and have been on the same medications for years. I can't take these medications if I'm pregnant. To see what would happen, I started taking the placebo pills on Saturday. Withdrawal bleeding started Thursday very light. Thursday night I threw up, but only once. Friday morning, I noticed clotting, and my breasts had "deflated". They were still sore, but not as big. This morning (Saturday) I woke up with my breasts large again, my areolas larger than they have ever been and purple around the edges. The bleeding had stopped (it only lasted 2 days). I weighed myself this morning and i have lost a couple pounds since all of this started. I know one thing that can make your areolas darker is weight gain, but that's not it.

It has been 21 days since possible conception and I have only had negative pregnancy tests. What could be going on? Has anyone else had something similar happen and found out they were pregnant later? I need help. I can't go off the meds I'm on unless I'm pregnant, but I can't risk my baby's health by remaining on them if I actually am pregnant.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I would says 10 days past sex is too early for a blood test. Have you had one since? 3 weeks is now a good time to start urine testing so a blood test now would most likely be accurate. So I would let your doctor know the symptoms have not cleared and you want to check once more to be sure. Your symptoms could be a lot of things, but not being familiar with your medical history and medications and that I haven't gone to med school ;) all I can say is ask for another blood test. Hugs I hope everything turns out how you want

Thanks for the support. It means a lot. I will schedule an appointment next week. I would love to be pregnant, but if I'm not, I just want to know what's going on.

Of course. Hugs hugs. If you are. I agree you need to find out now. My coworker's daughter lost her baby because she did not know she was pregnant and was taking the medication for fibromalgia. But she was quite a ways along before they realized she was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->